PDA

View Full Version : Which Spyder?

mjs1217
02-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Hey all...
After deciding on a new Spyder to replace my current gun, I am now facing the decision of which one to get. Here are my choices (my budget is $150.00 flat):

Victor 2
XTRA
Shutter
Rodeo
E99 Avant
Imagine
Imagine Select

Those are basically just every gun offered by Kingman for under $150, except for the Victor 1 and maybe one or two others. So, please share advice, stories, and pros/cons of any/all of the guns listed.
Oh, and btw, please don't tell me to get a Tippmann, I just don't want one.

Thanks,
-mjs

can'tthink of1
02-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Get the Imagine. It has all you need, nohting you don't.

punkncat
02-13-2004, 08:15 PM
If you already own a Spyder , then you know they are all basically the same with a different look, a few different accessories.
Pick the one that looks best to you.

barberjohn
02-13-2004, 08:36 PM
the E99 is a good gun for the money, and it comes with the "intimidator" style trigger. it also has a sweet splash ano, but i do like the cocking system that is in the imagine.

hobbesTZ
02-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Or you could buy my AMG LCD for $150 :D

Duck Hunt
02-14-2004, 12:54 AM
The Electra DX is a niiiiiiice spyder. My stepbrother has it and its never let him down.

Sean

mjs1217
02-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Yes, i'm sure it is, but please limit your suggestions to the guns that i've listed, because those are the only guns I can afford, and I need the gun sorta soon.

Thanks,
-mjs

JuggaloDave
02-14-2004, 09:18 AM
why not just get a compact and use the rest of your money to make it a half assed decent gun? allmost every syder is the same basicly, i would say the lowest costing one with none of the crap factory stuff is your best bet, cause there will be less stock stuff to toss out. not trying to be an ***, i had a flash that i had running prity lp for a spyder and it was cool.

Branchvillian
02-14-2004, 09:51 AM
Spyders are decent guns, esspecially for the price. There is so much you can do to an electro spyder, and if you are not sure you are gonna stick with the sport you should buy sometihng cheaper, then move up to a better gun.

argnot
02-14-2004, 10:10 AM
or you could do a little hunting and buy a impulse with a freak for 80 bucks like I did:)

TraXeR
02-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by mjs1217
Hey all...
After deciding on a new Spyder to replace my current gun, I am now facing the decision of which one to get. Here are my choices (my budget is $150.00 flat):

Victor 2
XTRA
Shutter
Rodeo
E99 Avant
Imagine
Imagine Select

Those are basically just every gun offered by Kingman for under $150, except for the Victor 1 and maybe one or two others. So, please share advice, stories, and pros/cons of any/all of the guns listed.
Oh, and btw, please don't tell me to get a Tippmann, I just don't want one.

Thanks,
-mjs

For being an electro spyder owner trying to get a mag, I'd say go with the E-99 avant. It's massively like my Flash LCD and with a new trigger and some tweaking, you can get rid of the slop and be firing 14 bps consistent (if you want that bps). Otherwise I'd say go for the Victor, the blowback of the spyder unless done some modding to with an electro grip really throws off your rythem (sp?) and can even be hard to aim if you get 'bounce bursts'. The victor is a fairly sturdy spyder just like most of its mechanical counterparts, but I find that it looks to be a bit nicer. Also I would recommend you get a good expansion chamber unless you're running nitro, in which case make sure you have a good spring kit cause the peopel I've talked to said with a good spring kit, and nitro, you can make it more consistent on air and get more shots to your tank.

Hope this helps. ;)

cphilip
02-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Go with the cheapest TL Plus type one. The Shutter I think is the only one on your list. Lose the reg it comes with for a better one if you gonna use CO2 though. Or better yet pick up a used one for even cheaper and upgrade that and the Expansion Chamber with the leftover dough.

PissedGodzilla
02-14-2004, 10:37 AM
I own an E-99 and my nephews have imagine's Both great Markers, you can't go wrong with either.

I would choose the Imagine simply because of the shorter bolt that is "encased" instead of coming out the back... it leads to being able to have the marker closer to your body, and less of a prolfie, IMHO.

Good luck, and don't let all of the rich guys with 1100 dollar guns bother ya... you can take em out just as easy as they can take you out.... it's a simple fact... Kick But and join the spyder army!

$tevo
02-14-2004, 11:57 AM
you should get whatever looks best to you, sense they are all sorta the same. then you should get new regulators and nitro when u get the money. like a SCM and a Sidewinder( i know it would most likely cost more then the gun.) and just get like a crossfire preset nitro tank. then you can turn into a jerk and be just like bad company!

lord1234
02-14-2004, 01:39 PM
check out the dragun guns that we carry...at www.poormanspaintball.com

~WarpedRT#2~
02-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Why dont you look into PMI Piranhas? I like those better than Spyders.

mjs1217
02-14-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm definitly considering the Imagine...
Anyone here have one as their main gun? How is it?

tony3
02-14-2004, 06:24 PM
http://store.poormanspaintball.com/index.cfm?action=cat.prodInfo&productID=2&categoryID=3

that is my personal suggestion for you to get.

hAppy
02-14-2004, 10:17 PM
bad company's amg for 150

http://www.sacpaintball.com/cgi-bin/java/YaBB.cgi?board=sell&action=display&num=1076570765

Athius
02-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by argnot
or you could do a little hunting and buy a impulse with a freak for 80 bucks like I did:)

What?? U must have bought it from a crack head that stole it right??