PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on ACI Bulldog Tanks?

kopfjaeger
02-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Post your positive and negative thoughts on ACI Bulldog air systems to help me make a more informed decision between ACI and Crossfire presets.

can'tthink of1
02-13-2004, 09:20 PM
The bulldog 3 is a great tank, a bit higher flow than the crossfire, the 1's and 2's were utter crap thou. But the high flowness diff between the two won't be noticable until like 18bps+ where the crossfire might start to struggle.

danheneise
02-14-2004, 12:23 AM
could you mabye explain the "crappyness" of the bulldog II? I have one and it seems to run just fine for my mag. The only problem i've noticed is that i slowly lose my air, ie: i will have about 1000 psi in the tank, and the next day at the same time in the day i will have only have as much, but this may be a problem with my mag as i do leave the tank on my gun. But I really don't complaine as I got my tank for only $120

Athius
02-14-2004, 12:33 AM
It's good mine is the bulldog II but when i first had it new it leaked air. I send it back to them and was fixed for free.

Mrmacdude
02-14-2004, 12:40 AM
umm... my bulldog II has never ever had a problem. Havent had a chance to test the flow... over 10 bps is a struggle. But no problems whatsoever.

RoadDawg
02-14-2004, 02:17 AM
I've got a Bulldog II bottle on my 4500 flatline Reg. Great bottle. I've heard the bulldog regs are another story though. Havent' had experience with it myself so I can't speak on those other then heresay.

pbguy888
02-14-2004, 10:33 AM
A use a 68/4.5k Bulldog II on my viking and have absolutly no problem. Im no speed demond but I shoot atleast 12-15 bps and the tank keeps up just fine.

-=Squid=-
02-14-2004, 11:00 AM
The bulldog is a great tank... I used to have one. Very nicec for the pricee, but they certainly dont have higher flow than a crossfire. Whoever said that is misinformed.

~WarpedRT#2~
02-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Um, yeah, the 2s were great. I have one and it runs flawlessly. I have yet to have a single problem with it. I love Bulldog tanks, but I heard the first ones werent that great, due to low flow rate. On my Speed I can lite up the entire board with it set at 18 bps, and I get no shoot down.

mark_426
02-14-2004, 04:41 PM
I have had both tanks, 2 crossfires and a bulldog 3. I had no shootdown problems sweetspotting the RT with the first crossfire and the bulldog, and the second crossfire is a LP, with no problems for shootdown with my Speed. I don't think you could go wrong with either of them, although the bulldog seemed lighter than the newer crossfire.

Also, pending on what marker you are using, crossfires are 850 and 450, and bulldogs are 800 (not sure about lp style), so the crossfire will have a bit more reactivity (I didnt expect a difference, but it was tough to sweetspot with the bulldog), at least on a mech mag.

Wc Keep
02-14-2004, 10:40 PM
bulldog 3 user here. no problems. only complaint is that the tank is too damn big, but thats what i get for getting a 91

Hellaspaint
02-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Owner and user of 30 Bulldog II 3K regulators as a rental HPA bottle.
1.When i started use them a lot of leaks from the gauge threads and the fill nipple threads. They have teflon tape on the treads and they are not assembled carefully. But i fix them all.
2.Some low pressure disks blow, i think 6 of them.
3.Some high pressure disks blow 2 of them.
4.Bad fill nipples because they are using the type with the C-clip. The small piston inside the FN is getting bend and is impossible to stop the air when that happen's. I change them with a fill nipple without the C-clip from Custom Products.

My opinion is to get a Pure Energy regulator. We have P.E. regulators as a HPA system for our team and they work great.

Sam"techy"6
02-16-2004, 06:49 PM
I have a 3k psi 68 ci bulldog 1 being upgraded to a bulldog 3 reg because there was a leak in it. But the people at acisports are really good. And the tank was very old. But it is a good tank.