PDA

View Full Version : How can I make a mag low pressure?

j.t.
09-18-2001, 07:13 PM
I was wondering how to make a mag run on low pressure. I know how to turn most guns into a low pressure operating gun. I know the standard procedure of buying a low pressure regulator, valve, and even about getting a small bore barrel and and matching paint(I used to own a low pressure spyder). How can I do this to a mag? What parts should I replace, and with what? Some help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Gildon92
09-18-2001, 07:40 PM
all the past attempts to making a low pressure mag (black box, smart mag) have only caused problems with recharge rate and have made it less efficient. To make a mag LP, you would have to machine your own body and redesign the reg and/or gut it out and run something like a maxflow tank striaght into the gun.

PyRo
09-18-2001, 09:32 PM
You really want a LP mag? Buy the smart valve, $350, yes that is right. The smart valve, which is worse then the stock air valve is $350, you know what the differance is? A new on-off, 8-hole mod, and a bigger chamber. This will increase shootdown, with no increase in preformance. If you are out to spend that kind of money on something, get a nice retro valve, or warpfeed.

BlackVCG
09-18-2001, 11:43 PM
Mags are already low pressure.

Miscue
09-18-2001, 11:55 PM
Lower pressure does not make it better. "Oh, but then the bolt doesn't hit the ball so hard... etc. etc." Blah I say.

When you lower pressure, you have to increase volume. What you end up with is the same amount of energy as you started with... end result is the same.

TheTramp
09-19-2001, 10:27 AM
The Mag isn't the best with air efficency as is. Making the pressure any lower (do you need to go below 450?) would only cause you to use more air and lower the recharge rate. If you are interested in a gun that uses huge amounts of air, I suggest a Shocker.

j.t.
09-19-2001, 02:29 PM
Wow, thats way more complicated and expensive than I imagined. It also sounds very pointless.:(

FeelTheRT
09-19-2001, 04:31 PM
on other makers like Matrices, Impulses, Cockers, and Angels, you can ahve LP and have like special LP parts with out it being a gas hog. Look at the Impulse and some LP Cockers, they are more efficant than Mags. Is there any way of having LP and with out hte gashoggyness on a Mag?

and aren't the Jax Warriors' E-Mags LP?