PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy hopper? Whatcha think :D

ScatterPlot
02-14-2004, 01:49 PM
I just took a trip to one of the tool stores near me, and I saw this great prododuct from the makers of Plasti-Dip. It's a spray on version! For those of you who don't know, this is stuff used to paint on electrical connections to insulate them, dip tool handles in to insulate and provide a grip, etc. Well, today I found a spray on kind! I bought some and I think I'm gonna paint my hopper with it. I'm not sure if it's legal but I think it is. LMK if it's otherwise. I tested it a minute ago on a piece of plastic I had and a brick. Every 30 mins I can add another coat. I'll post up pics when I can. Here's a link to some pics:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=780006

Edit-Pics werent working. I can't add just the pic to the thread, sorry! You gotta go to the link above.

f3rr3+
02-14-2004, 01:56 PM
theres probably a rule, but its a great idea :)

ScatterPlot
02-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Wow, 6 mins, fast response lol. BTW, I like your nickname for some reason. f3rr3+. :) Kinda like Cryer's sig:)

ScatterPlot
02-14-2004, 02:02 PM
OK Please forgive me, that was a retarded last post. Please disregard it entirely. :rolleyes:

thanks squid:p

-=Squid=-
02-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by bertmcmahan
OK Please forgive me, that was a retarded last post. Pay no attention to it whatsoever. :rolleyes: You should edit your that post and use the word "disregard." I use it when im trying to sound smart. Just thought I would share. :p

RRfireblade
02-14-2004, 03:02 PM
I've used plastidip before and while it is rubbery,it's not going to stop a break.It IS however going to add a ton of weight to your hopper.That and padded hoppers are typically considered illegal.

ScatterPlot
02-14-2004, 03:08 PM
A spray-on coating wouldn't add that much weight. I was just thinking that it might help to stop one. Kinda like the Rico hoppers won't stop a break, they just might help prevent some of them from happening. About the legality thing, wouldn't hopper covers be considered illegal if they added some padding to it? I never thought they were bad. Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never really looked it up before.

personman
02-14-2004, 03:10 PM
I want a hopper made entirely out of plasti dip.

RRfireblade
02-14-2004, 03:14 PM
A spray-on coating wouldn't add that much weight. I was just thinking that it might help to stop one. Kinda like the Rico hoppers won't stop a break, they just might help prevent some of them from happening. About the legality thing, wouldn't hopper covers be considered illegal if they added some padding to it? I never thought they were bad. Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never really looked it up before.

If you sprayed enuff to stop a break it would way a ton.Spry doesn't matter,you can spray the 'dip' stuff too,that plasti dip adds up fast.;)

And excessively padded covers are illegal,back in the day people would would put 2 on.One inside out first with the seams sticking out and then another over that,it would be like a tiny trampoline.

f3rr3+
02-14-2004, 03:15 PM
haha sry if i made you feel alittle awkward by not responding... that was the last post i made before i took a nap... thanks for the compliment tho :)

RRfireblade
02-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by personman
I want a hopper made entirely out of plasti dip.

Here you go......

http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1781_12985959

ScatterPlot
02-14-2004, 03:20 PM
I wasn't arguing that the spray kind would weigh less, I was just saying that there would be less. I wasn't thinking about a super thick coating, just like 4 or 5 coats. It's pretty thin per coat, thinner than you would think. Plus it gives a really cool feel to whatever you spray it on :)

RRfireblade
02-14-2004, 03:30 PM
I wasn't arguing that the spray kind would weigh less, I was just saying that there would be less. I wasn't thinking about a super thick coating, just like 4 or 5 coats. It's pretty thin per coat, thinner than you would think. Plus it gives a really cool feel to whatever you spray it on :)

K,let us know how it turns out.:p

personman
02-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

Here you go......

1. Thats not plasti dip.
2. Its just some stupid loc soc thing someone stapled on the hopper
:p

RRfireblade
02-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by personman

1. Thats not plasti dip.
2. Its just some stupid loc soc thing someone stapled on the hopper
:p

Yup,'cept it's actually rubber molded right into the hopper.Plasti-dip is a vinyl based product I think.

On top of that, I bet it'll work better than Plasti-dip too.

If not,that's the best I can do in under 3 mins.;)

Cryer
02-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Kinda like Cryer's sig:)

w00t!:p

Mag_SEAL-6
02-15-2004, 02:27 AM
Either way, whether the surface is rubber stuff or plasti-dip, it's not gonna stop a break.

ScatterPlot
02-15-2004, 02:26 PM
No no no, you guys are all wrong. I wasn't expecting it to stop a break. I was meaning more of a chance of a bounce if it hits it right. Like soft masks; they don't completely stop breaks, they just "encourage" them. Also like padded clothing. Or, like said above, the Ricochet hoppers. Do they stop breaks completely? No! Do they help? Yes (debateably). That's what I'm saying rubber stuff might do. Discourage them. I'm not dumb enough to think that something is gonna STOP breaks all together. I was thinking, for 3 dollars, I could put a coating on the hopper. Man, I have a warp- I don't even need it! I was just sorta thinking.