PDA

View Full Version : Breaking excesive paint

devolve
02-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Not chopping balls but breaking in the barrel. Every 3rd ball or so. Its not the paint, I took some from the case and used it a different gun and it worked fine. Its a classic 68. Never had this problem before and I have owned 5 classics. Please help.

(And dont tell me I need a level 10. When I didnt break paint a month ago I didnt have a level 10)

--cjc--

RRfireblade
02-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by devolve
(And dont tell me I need a level 10. When I didnt break paint a month ago I didnt have a level 10)

--cjc--

Assuming your paints fitting your barrel and your not having detent problems.....

You need level 10.;)

Level 10 fixes breaks other than those that are chop related.L7 bolt speed is very high and very often causes damage to the next ball waiting to be fed.It will occasional weakend or crack it,it then loads and breaks during the shot down the barrel.

This happens often at random times depending on paint and the conditions of the day,as well as various other factors and sometimes just for bad luck it seems.

Some L7 guns will have this more or less and it will often come and go.The Level 10 was designed for that purpose and will eliminate it.

BlackVCG
02-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Check the wire nubbin in the barrel. If it's the V-shaped one, make sure it doesn't have a sharp point at the top or it's broke. If it's the P-shape, make sure it isn't folded over into the barrel.

Also, look down the barrel and make sure there aren't any nicks or sharp points that would be causing the paint to slice and break.

Also, if you have a long-nose L7 bolt, where the casing extends all the way to the tip of the center 3-way section, then you should put a smooth radius around the tip. This will prevent the bolt from prefracturing the paint.

The older L7 bolts had a better radius on them than the newer bolts, so they don't need anymore of a radius put on them.

devolve
02-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Can you swap the v shaped for the round style wire nubbin in the barrel? Why are there different ones?

--cjc--

Top Secret
02-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Get plastic nubbins. Nuff said.

RRfireblade
02-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by devolve
Can you swap the v shaped for the round style wire nubbin in the barrel? Why are there different ones?

--cjc--

'Cause they kept changing them to make them better.The newest ones are plastic and are the ones you should be using.