PDA

View Full Version : My New Phantom

DiSoRdeR
02-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Just got it today, its so sexy :D Cant takes my eyes off it. Cant wait to try this baby out :)
http://www.hunt101.com/img/102338.jpg
Sorry for the big pic, And the pics dont do it justice :(

ej_y4
02-14-2004, 07:54 PM
very sexy, hope you injoy it, i love mine

DiSoRdeR
02-14-2004, 08:04 PM
This thing makes me speechless, words cant describe how much I love this thing :D And Ive only had it for about an hour ;)

Sparq
02-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Slick...Can't say I'm a fan of the grips, but the rest looks great.

DiSoRdeR
02-14-2004, 08:09 PM
They came with it, gonna get some new ones soon. Any suggestions? :D

Vash02
02-14-2004, 11:01 PM
That is awsome. How much did it cost you?

DiSoRdeR
02-14-2004, 11:10 PM
About 300, got it at the same paintball store I always go to, they sell pump stuff :)

Brophog
02-14-2004, 11:53 PM
A thing of beauty!

sps16
02-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by DiSoRdeR
Just got it today, its so sexy :D Cant takes my eyes off it. Cant wait to try this baby out :)
http://www.hunt101.com/img/102338.jpg
Sorry for the big pic, And the pics dont do it justice :(
awesome gun dude! i love it! too big a pic....is not big enough :)

DiSoRdeR
02-15-2004, 12:21 AM
Thx for all the comments :D Now I just need to get some paintball shorts to go with it :D Proud member of the Anti-Pants Party :p hay sps16 can I be a senate member? lol

breg
02-15-2004, 12:38 AM
Dude, that thing looks awsome. I love how sleek phantoms look.
Is this the first pump you have ever owned? If so, let us know how is plays one the field. I've been thinking about getting a Stock Class marker, but no one around here uses them. In fact, I've only seen two pumps out here in tow years of playing, and both of those were of the WGP Sniper series.
By the way, how light is that thing? I mean actual weight. Also, do you know where there are any after market accessories for phantoms? I know Doc Nickel does some after market things to them, but i was wondering about things like barrels and such.

DiSoRdeR
02-15-2004, 12:58 AM
It weighs 1.8-2 pounds, thats what the manual says lol. It is excremely light. As for aftermarket barrels I do not know, only owned this for about 6 hours :) I think ive heard that White wolf makes phantom barrels that take freak inserts, some one correct me if i am wrong. Check out www.phantomonline.com they got alot of info about Phantoms if you want to learn more. As soon as I play with It i'll let you know how it handles :D Im also thinking about starting a all pump team :)

Brophog
02-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Here are three good sites for phantom accessories.

http://www.siegecraft.us
http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/
http://www.bunkerboyz.com/

You'll find all the official CCI stuff, but Lapco and JJ barrels and barrel kits, plus some other goodies. All three sites are run by great guys.

titan aresta
02-15-2004, 01:11 AM
check out Siegecraft Paintball (http://www.siegecraft.us/) for phantom barrels (CCI, LAPCO, J&J) and other parts.
If your looking for more custom phantom barrels, like something that uses Freak insterts, check out Punisher's Customs.
Both companies are run by great guys.

ej_y4
02-15-2004, 01:34 AM
phantom stock barrels are the best stock barrels out there. you really dont need to upgrade it.

Jig
02-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Awesome, i hope you enjoy as much as i've enjoyed mine over the past two or three years(shes calling for more upgrades again:p ).

some words of (hopefully) help and advice:

1. DO NOT GIVE UP. this is going to be very hard, more then likely you will be owned again and again the first few times you play. with practice and experience with the Phantom things will improve.

2. have a good attitude: DO NOT blame the gun when you get worked over as previously stated. try to laugh it off, and have good foresight, realizing things will definately improve with time. people well make fun of you for using a pump, dont let em get to ya. make fun of yourself with them, it helps.

3. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE: self explanatory, but mainly it seems to be more and more important to learn snapshooting in speedball games. i'm assuming you already know what snapshooting is, but just in case, its BASICALLY kepping the target in your minds eye while your behind the bunker. aim at the target, pop out, fire, pop back in, dont watch the shot. the idea is your trying to get off an accurate shot with as much speed as possible so that the opponent cant get you.

4. as for barrels and accuracy: you might want to get detent rings if you dont already have them. call Mike up, they're like $6 i tihnk, and the keep small paint from rolling out. i can explain it more if you like. ALSO, check out the J&J Edge kit. its pretty cheap(around $100) and has multiple backs for different bore sizes. comes in a variaty of colors. USE HIGH QUALITY PAINT! you're definately going to be saving money on paint, so you might as well buy the good stuff.

5. random other stuff: use the crossman twelve grams as opposed to the brass eagle ones(known for improper seals causing leaks). MOVE ALOT! COMMUNICATE ALOT(loudly)! TEAMWORK is KEY.

hehe ok im done now...I'm glad you chose a pump, eventually you will be a better player, and you're going to save a ton of money on paint.
Good luck,
Jig
P.S. spell checker has expired apparently, so i apologize for my lacking spelling. oh, and i use commas imporperly all the time..sorry..:o

FreakBaller12
02-15-2004, 03:02 PM
very very nice, i want to get one once i finish my emag and backup mag.
Everybody seems to be wanting/ getting one on here lately.

AGDlover
02-15-2004, 03:18 PM
sweet man i wonder what a phantom would look like with a warp feed:confused:

ChucktheMAGician
02-15-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by DiSoRdeR
They came with it, gonna get some new ones soon. Any suggestions? :D
I think it looks sweet too, but a black pump handle and grips would be nice.

DiSoRdeR
02-16-2004, 03:05 PM
na, I like the clear ones more, I think it looks better with them than the black parts would. Gonna get some 03 clear stickies for it today :D along with some 12 grams.