PDA

View Full Version : Tom or RobAGD weird problem with my emag power shutting down

datapimp69
09-18-2001, 11:28 PM
Ok, I will try and explain this as best as I can.

Simply my emag is shutting down when I insert my intlifeed cable into my warp feed.

Well now let me explain the tricky part.

Im running my warp and revy off the power from the emag.

Let me tell you how I did it.

1. removed the grip frame and unbolted the power eye ring from the frame
2. soldered a second wire to the eye ring
3. attached a wire to the ground on the PCB retaining screw
4. ran both new wires out the bottom
5. soldered on 2 separate connectors to goto the warp and revy
6. on the revy I soldered 2 wires to the + and – on the back of the PCB then to a connector on the shell
7. on the warp I get tricky, I take the 2 +&- from the 9 volt plug and attach the – line to the center connector of a 7812 voltage regulator. I attach the + line to 1 side a on/off switch, then from the other side of the switch it goes to the output side of the 7812. From the connector to the outside the – line goes to the center connector of the 7812. And the + line goes to the input side of the 7812.

I have put a voltmeter on the backside of the 7812 and I get a solid 12V, I get a solid 12V on the backside of the switch as well.

Now for the problem.

When I hook up just the power the warp, revy and the emag power up just fine.

But when I then insert the intlifeed cable from the emag into the warp the emag shuts down.

When you pull the plug back out the emag lights up and every thing is fine.

Ok I then hook back up the cable from the vibe plate to the warp feed ( yes I have a PTP warp ). I have to turn down the sensitivity so far to keep the warp from just spinning. That when I take a screwdriver and tap on the vibe plate it barely moves the warp. It just kinda goes whir instead of wiz like it dose when I push the button.

So this is my problem, I was up till 4am last night trying to figure this out and no luck.

I have a big game this week end ( the tippman challenge, have to show them what a mag can do). And I’m trying to get this working before them. So anything would help

And in advance thanks

datapimp69
09-19-2001, 09:10 PM
bump

datapimp69
09-20-2001, 08:59 AM
bump one more time

sorry

Pand0ra
09-20-2001, 02:30 PM
Sounds like you've got a shortcut when you insert the intellifeed.

From what I've checked on my Emag, it sends a pulse for each pressure on the trigger, going from 0V to +12V (+12V on the center pin).
There's 99% of luck (or badluck) the warpfeed works in a reverse way, I mean the +12V is connected to the center pin of the intellifeed, true some components on the circuit board.

With the modifications you've done, the output transistors of the Emag simply create a shortcut between the + and the ground when you're not pressing the trigger. This explain why the Emag shut itselfs down.

Solution: put a small reed relay between the output of the Emag, and the input of the warpfeed (beter, put it inside the warpfeed). It will solve the problem of shortcut.

Hope this helps a bit. @++

-§on-
09-20-2001, 04:47 PM
I know you explained all of that but My emag kept shuting down and the reason for that was becasue I had to charge the battery. Im a MORON! :mad: