PDA

View Full Version : i want your reviews on this

spraying62
02-15-2004, 12:11 AM
i'm looking for people who have shot half block e cockers, like martins or the turtles,

what did you like ? and what you did'nt like ?

thanks sprayer

$tevo
02-15-2004, 12:18 AM
im not to sure, but not to many on this forum shoot halfblocks. i think iceman does, and he is the only one i know of.

imo, you should take the question to pbnation.com, it would be a bit biased but you will get more answeres

Mag_SEAL-6
02-15-2004, 12:29 AM
I've personally never shot one, but they can supposedly cycle faster because they turned the hammer at a certain angle or something. Plus the turtle valve is supposed to lower the operating pressure and make it quieter. turtlecockers.com has more info

GT
02-15-2004, 03:19 AM
I had a thought about this the other day, wouldnt there be more drag on the block since it is rubbing across the top of the body? I mean its great that its so small and made of delrin(sp) but there has to be hell more friction than the traditional backblock just floating out the back of the body....

FreakBaller12
02-15-2004, 12:39 PM
go over to air-powered.com they can give you some review over there.

spraying62
02-15-2004, 10:29 PM
gtrsi you bring up a good point,there has to be more drag with them,heck i'm not sure it would make them any faster considering your point,

sprayer

Nick O time
02-15-2004, 11:37 PM
my friend had one before and i saw him ripping on it and even before shooting it i loved it. then like a couple days later i got to shoot it and i fell in love with one. it was pimp and actually pretty fast for mech. i love shorty's, i love em so much i even bought a body, just need all the pnue's and a pinless race and i'll be set, but since i don't got the cash right now ima make it pump and kick some arse with it. but yeah i would definately buy one if i were u.

Meph
02-16-2004, 07:06 AM
The turtle cocker is a conversion to make the cockers closer and closer to what they should be...... a Blazer!

Heh, that'll piss some people off. ;)

Brophog
02-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Heh, that'll piss some people off.

Truth hurts.

Sir_Brass
02-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Brophog

Truth hurts.

so buy a blazer :D

DementedRabbit
02-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Some people actually want their guns user-serviceable.

Sir_Brass
02-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DementedRabbit
Some people actually want their guns user-serviceable.

I can service my blazer. I can clean the breech, change o-rings (if needed), etc. No other service necessary. Timing? Rarely if ever comes untimed unless you mess with the timing.

blazers simply don't need much service beyond what a user can easilly give it, and even then it's not all that often.

tyrion2323
02-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Glenn Palmer seems like a cool guy and everything, but Blazers are butt-ugly in my opinion. Cockers are hella-nice looking if you get a sweet mill/anodizing

Sir_Brass
02-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
Glenn Palmer seems like a cool guy and everything, but Blazers are butt-ugly in my opinion. Cockers are hella-nice looking if you get a sweet mill/anodizing

so? I know that. but you know, who cares about nice looks when you're having gun problems b/c some palmerite with more than the usual palmerite sense of humor decides it'll be funny to peg you in the pneumatics, and now they're all fouled, and we blazer and phoon toters won't have probs like that b/c the majority of our pneumatics are internalized.

performance over looks, man. looks only matter when people are looking at you and not how you play (i.e. sitting in the deadbox).

tyrion2323
02-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Right...

Anyone who takes a little bit of time can figure out a 'cocker really easily. A cocker'll perform just as well as a Blazer, if not better (now with the e-blade/racegun), so your point doesn't really make sense. It's like the Omen. There are a bunch of people who can't figure it out, but it doesn't mean that the marker itself isn't amazing.

Plus, looks aren't for the people watching - they're for the user. Some people like to customize their markers to make them look just the way they want them to. Palmer makes some great markers, but they don't outperform 'Cockers, and they certainly don't look very nice.

Jacob