PDA

View Full Version : big guys need gear too!!

minimagjim
02-15-2004, 03:14 AM
hey my reason for posting this is to cry out for some help. I am amongst the countless other Big Guys who play paintball. And well i just cant ever seem to find gear that fits me good! I usually end up buying something and finding out that company A's idea of xxl or xxxl is a joke! I've bought a pack and it read exactly my size and i get it and its too small. This is a horrible thing, i mean its hard enough to find paintball stuff without dishing out goo gobs of money, but to find stuff in a big guys size IMPOSSIBLE!

So what to do? I have had little luck finding anything promising. I would like to get myself a jersey and some nice paintball pants and even some paintball shoes, like all dye saw a setup at a local store and wondered if they had that for normal sized people. The one on display was a medium, and well most guys in the midwest are not extremely trim, even the fit guys who i know wear an X-large.

so is there anyone out there that can help me out??
i was looking at actionvillage.com and saw they had dye pants for sale as well as jerseys i want to know if an xxl is really and xxl and a xxxl is an xxxl. And what packs are good for us big guys? redz looks to me to be good...

so help me out will ya...

Dubstar112
02-15-2004, 03:42 AM
I hope this doesnt come out in a bad way. but you need to be more specific. IE I am a big guy, 200lbs, 6'5, and I wear a 14+ shoe. I have a hard time finding a pair of pants with 34 waist, and 36 length. Most are bigger waist and shorter legs. Shoes, I have to order my school shoes online because no one stocks a 14/15 locally.

I wear a XL or even a XXL for length(depending on manufacturer), but Im a medium/large width.

As far as paintball gear? Mesh shorts and my knee guards is usually what I like to wear. Windpants or somthing for exercising also usually works good. I know for a fact that this type of clothing comes in all sizes.

I use a DYE core division pack. Its a few years old, and it came in a 32- 38 waist for medium and large was 38- (42?)

Back then I fell under small medium and now i am a medium large. But the elasticity is good for as long as Ive owned it :)

I ordered my jersey on actionvillage a while ago, and I definatley have to say go one size larger than you need.

Rope a Dope
02-15-2004, 04:03 AM
I think theses paintball companies are smoking crack when it comes to them sizing clothes...

I wear a 3XL t-shirt and it's baggy, the way I like it. I ordered a 4xl jersey once and it fit my like a tight fitting sock...

For jerseys and even pants on special request: www.animalpaintball.com they make all the way up to 7xl, which in real world standard sizing it's probaly a 2XL, lol. Nah it's actually pretty big, I have a 5xl jersey and it has a bit of bag to it.

For packs, I use a redz pack with a XL belt, fits GREAT!

Garrum
02-15-2004, 04:25 AM
I'm big too (5'11" 280 lbs.), and I had to give up on paintball harnesses. You might try what I did though. Buy yourself a military web belt and suspenders from a surplus store, and then buy several of those Veiwloader double 100 round pod holders. Throw away the nylon belt that comes with them, and put the pod holders on the web belt and viola! Instant harness. You can carry at least 8 pods this way, and maybe more if you wear some slightly to the front. I wore two pods on each hip, and it worked pretty good.

Now I wear my pods on my chest, on a MOLLE vest. MUCH easier to access the pods. And the pouches I use will hold two 140 round pods each. One pouch on each side of my chest.

As far as clothes, just get some knock off BDU's. They fit just about everybody, and are a fair bit cheaper than PB pants. And they make them in some crazy camo schemes now-a-days. Like purple and white, and orange and yellow. Disturbing stuff. As far as jerseys...I can't help you. Maybe just buy some from a sports screen printing shop with nothing on them. They can get big sizes, I would imagine.

breg
02-15-2004, 04:53 AM
I'm a BIG guy (6'2" and about 240lbs.) I find that Dye stuff fits pretty well, though their shoe sizing is kind of off center.

Big Ben
02-15-2004, 08:45 AM
I usually wear 3xl shirts and jerseys and found Raven makes some nice big jerseys, for packs try Topstich's mpack
http://www.topstitch.net/vpacks.html
They custom make them for a good price and they are great.

CodeMA
02-15-2004, 12:53 PM
6' 280lb size 14 1/2 W shoe...

old school er 5+4 pack fits nicely...was useing a java 5 pod slam pack with modified strap extenders...perfect

pants, smokin pants all the way. there 42-46(I think) fits me really loose, but are ajustable so its all good... fit great, love em

Draxxus seems to be about right in there jersey size as well, 2x fits me good, not tight... normaly wear 2-3x sometimes 1x... anyway it works nicely for now till we get some custom jerseys made up from Animal

Animal has ausome products, get em a few sizes bigger simply for the bounce factor and comfyness I will prolly go with a 4 or 5x

anyway, its out there, just have to look, or be able to sew ;)

Halliday
02-15-2004, 04:53 PM
44 to 46 waist size here. I have a Redz "large" belt for my 4.3 pack and the belt is huge on me! I cannot remember a time in my life when I could wear anything "medium."

I've given up on actual paintball pants and just wear cargo pants from Target :)

.tMan
02-15-2004, 05:44 PM
I know SHartley does soft modding: which means that he can sew packs to make them fit well for bigger players. Look him up and see what he can do

Athius
02-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Im not being rude or anything.

Havent u guys considered loosing weight??

Koosh
02-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Athius

only every waking second of my life :p What do you think paintball does for your health :D

Anyhoo...
I usually wear 2x shirts, and a 2X 32* jersey fit me pretty dern well. the 1X jersey was pretty small (thats to be expected) and I didn't get to try on a 3X, but a 2X fit me pretty good.

6'2 220ish

Garrum
02-15-2004, 07:18 PM
If I lost 100 pounds, I would still be the size of a barn door, and I would still need XX or larger shirts, and larger than normal pants. I'm just naturally broad.

CrimsonGhost
02-15-2004, 07:26 PM
For Big Bllare packs ..Id look at topstitch.com they have actualy sizes for the packs they make..I use one 6'2" 270lbs and it works great.
Jerseys- Animal,JT,Dye, all make good sized jerseys
Pants csg customsportsgear.com makes some kick butt pants ...I use them and they fit very well. Velcro belts so you can adjust it to how you like.

Hope this helps a bit.

Halliday
02-16-2004, 12:17 AM
I need to correct my previous statment abot my Redz belt. It's a XL, but it's still big on me.

Mindflux
02-16-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Athius

Some people are big boned without being fat. Don't forget that.

Rope a Dope
02-16-2004, 01:41 AM
...you guys miss my post about www.animalpaintball.com ???

Jerseys up to 7XL, they will make custom pants as well.

CodeMA
02-16-2004, 01:48 AM
Animal rules, TMC will be getting jerseys through Animal in the near furture(read: when we deside on design/logo/etc) unless someone desides to throw some sort of nice free apperal at us... but I dont forsee that happening between now and then...

Animal does ausome work, I can vouch for that

oh also I neglected to mention my guys at Diatribe... makeing packs for the big guys too! 4 down and 4+3s currently, hand made, should be takeing pre orders at texball

Tack
02-16-2004, 11:42 AM
'3", 350lb. I'm not super fat, just very big all around. 44 waste, 3-4xl shirts

I use a Redz pack with comfort belt. It's either a large or XL size and it fits good. If you are into scenario ball or such, look at www.cops911.com. I got my tactical vest through them and they will make it to your exact needs.

Jerseys and such, I have Animal and some PB junkies. Both are good. I have a couple of JT vest style jerseys and one JT long sleeved in XXXXL and they fit fine.

As for shoes. I wear size 16-17 depending on the manufacture. If you are going for cleats or such, Soccer or football cleats are good. Mine are size 17 Adidas and fit fine. Altama Boots, www.altama.com make combat style boots in many different styles up to size 17.