PDA

View Full Version : Tom, if you're serious about getting into the scenerio market

Magglerock
02-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Please start making rails that accept back bottle adaptors again. I'm an avid scenerio player, and I recently had an RTP rail moded to accept a back bottle adaptor, just like you used to be able to do with the classic mag. Why not offer the option again? It doesn't have to come pre-tapped, but providing the punch-out circles like you do for forgrips on the mag and RTP rail would really help. For those of us looking for a rifle-like feel, I don't think any other marker allows for this kind of set-up, giving the mag family an advantage over other markers.

TraXeR
02-15-2004, 12:51 PM
You do make a good point, but most people will use adjustable stocks and such and then they can have the tank as a verticle set up or even a remote line. It's easier to change the stock depending on position compared to having a tank with a butt on it.

Magglerock
02-15-2004, 12:55 PM
People may prefer a remote, but they will still benefit from the back bottle adaptor, as it will allow the stock to be mounted in a more realistic position (as apposed to being mounted on the bottom of the grip).

Note:

Watch this space for pics of a great scenerio mag (hint: q-loader, warped right, bba mod...)

AGD
02-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Well you can still drill the rails to accept the back bottle adaptor. We don't have enough demand to do it on all the guns.

Sorry,

AGD

Cristobal
02-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Well you can still drill the rails to accept the back bottle adaptor. We don't have enough demand to do it on all the guns.

But maybe there's a large market for "back bottle" holes than just the scenario crowd. Snatch grips seem to be the latest cool accessory that everybody wants: what about drilling the holes and marketing them as an attachment point for snatch grips?

Brophog
02-15-2004, 04:54 PM
I don't know if there is much more than minimal demand. Phantoms still come with this option, but how many phantoms do you see with backbottle? And how many of those are only backbottle because a bottomline setup has yet to be installed.

One of the reasons the backbottle setup faded was due to mask clearance. I agree that it gives you a more rifle like setup, but with most masks, you still run into the same old problem.

octane2079
02-15-2004, 05:00 PM
I think that for the scenario market a way to make a mounting on the rear of a tac one that could be used for a wide range of things such as folding stocks, solid stocks, snatch grips, and a back bottle adaptors, would help the tac one or any mags scenario viability.