PDA

View Full Version : is sweet spoting leagl if no one can do it one your gun but you?

triggerman
02-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Today I figured out how to sweet spot my gun just like z-man. all I did is turn my imput up till like 900. when I sweet spoted at the crono everone was like whoa. but none of them could do it. so moral question. is it legal?

RRfireblade
02-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Obvously no.

Can you get away with it? Maybe,if you can't tell by watching you shoot that your sweetspotting.

Is it still cheating? Yes.;)

Brophog
02-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Would you be asking the question if you honestly thought it was legal?

02-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Until you get caught :rolleyes:

triggerman
02-15-2004, 04:27 PM
ok untill I got my raptor tank to go with my x-valve the only mag I ever shot that would sweet spot was an rt clasic. and with it all you had to go was keep holding back and it would go to town. with my x-valve I have to kinda shake the trigger like a newbie with an electro.

Garrum
02-15-2004, 05:22 PM
As far as sweet spotting the trigger being against the rules, I think that is covered under trigger bounce, but don't quote me.

But as far as it being 'wrong' to do, I don't really think it is. Think about it. People have triggers that barely have to move, and require less than a conscious effort to fire. They have software that counts pulls that really shouldn't count. They have 'debounce' settings that act crazy when adjusted by people searching for an edge. Do those people honestly NOT have an advantage over other people that don't use electronics and rediculously light and short trigger pulls? Given two players of equal skill, one with a non-electric gun with a trigger pull of about 2-3 pounds, the other with an electric gun with a super short, 3.25 oz. trigger pull with nutso debounce, who has the advantage?

I would say, allow RT triggers. I would also go a step further, and bring back burst and full auto guns. With NO cap on the ROF. Let it go all the way to 75 BPS. Let it go all the way to 200 BPS. It wouldn't matter. Everyone would have the same level of firepower available, and it wouldn't be restricted to those with extra twichy fingers.

RRfireblade
02-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Garrum
But as far as it being 'wrong' to do, I don't really think it is. Think about it. People have triggers that barely have to move, and require less than a conscious effort to fire. They have software that counts pulls that really shouldn't count. They have 'debounce' settings that act crazy when adjusted by people searching for an edge.

If it makes you feel better,all those things are illigal and "wrong" also.;)

Garrum
02-15-2004, 05:35 PM
As far as I know, only the debounce stuff is actually illegal. They can have super light, super short triggers. Right?

Brophog
02-15-2004, 05:35 PM
No doubt.

RRfireblade
02-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Garrum
As far as I know, only the debounce stuff is actually illegal. They can have super light, super short triggers. Right?

Yeah,just taking what you said literally.

less than a conscious effort to fire.

Meaning pretty much fires on it's own.

Garrum
02-15-2004, 05:49 PM
That was a figure of speech. I was talking about triggers that don't require any real effort to operate. If you basically just have to touch it to set it off, it's too light. Pulling a trigger should require a conscious effort, and at least a little finger strength.

Beemer
02-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Overpressuring the marker so it bounces just screws up your bolt and sear and makes you think you are better than you really are.

AGD