PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the 03 shocker.

Derman2k
02-15-2004, 04:35 PM
I know you guys are gonna spaz because I want an SP gun, but they're nice so say what you want.

I was wondering if they have removeable feednecks and if its hard to take the trigger out and put a new one in.

Thanks

Meph
02-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Both yes. Can remove the feedneck. And can also remove the trigger "easily." It's not difficult. But I don't think you'll need to, just use it you'll like the trigger.

But if you must get the 03 shocker get the Evo bolt kit! They did wonders for the Matrix, so they should probably do quite nicely for the Shocker! Plus it's gold so bling bling.

Derman2k
02-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey Meph, about the trigger thing, I'm gonna pick up a New Designz RIP trigger if I get the shocker, so I'd have to take the trigger out. It looks pretty crazy for raking...
http://www.punisherspb.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=611
there it is

And I'm assuming the feedneck is shocker threaded?

Thanks a lot

logamus
02-15-2004, 05:28 PM
wow, that trigger does look great.

tyrion2323
02-15-2004, 06:15 PM
If you're gonna go SP, then get an upgraded Impulse. The Impulse (I must admit) has a great feel to it. It's solid, and once you've got it upgraded, it's quiet and fast. The shocker, from my personal experience, just doesn't hold a candle to it because the bugs aren't worked out yet. I was playing yesterday with a guy who had a shocker - he HATED it. I got to shoot it, and it seemed nice, but it chopped like no other.

Just my thoughts...

Derman2k
02-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Eh, this is just gonna be my backup/gun my gf can use, so I already have my mind set for what I want. I don't like Imps, too tall and they just don't feel right in my hands. My friends 03 shocker rips though. He doesn't have the eye and has no problems with chopping, and I'd be getting it with the eye so I figure I'm safe.

Anybody know what threads the feedneck are?

Thanks

logamus
02-15-2004, 09:04 PM
im pretty sure they are shocker/imp threads.

Derman2k
02-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by logamus
im pretty sure they are shocker/imp threads.

So I can buy an Impulse threaded feedneck and it'll fit in the shocker?

ramenjames
02-16-2004, 03:52 AM
i have heard only bad things about the 03 shocker
their paperweights...and bad ones at that as they are too light and small to hold down paper

Meph
02-16-2004, 06:44 AM
The reason most markers chop is because the hopper can not keep up with the bolt's cycling speed. Meaning you get a fast hopper, you remove 95% of your chopping problems without the need of an eye. Eyes just slow stuff down, I can not name one marker on the market that has not chopped even with an eye. Or at the very least still break paint.

You'll be better off with an 03shocker without vision. Less to worry about, less to go wrong. Won't have the issue of paint getting on the eye!

For that trigger, what are you doing opening cans of Tuna Fish? Maybe it's me but I don't see how that trigger is any better, I can see obviously it's made for the twibs that drag their finger vertically up and down over the bumps. But I think in game I've seen 2 people actually do that...

Gadget
02-16-2004, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't object to you buying it simply because SP make it.....I'd object because it's a piece of junk.

Suspect build quality, terrible efficiency, very high maintenance, unreliable, inconsistant.

Everyone I know who has owned an 03 Shocker has had an awful time with it and has sold it.

Horrible, horrible markers - get ANYTHING else....Matrix, Timmy, Angel, Viking, E-Mag......just not one of those.

Derman2k
02-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
I wouldn't object to you buying it simply because SP make it.....I'd object because it's a piece of junk.

Suspect build quality, terrible efficiency, very high maintenance, unreliable, inconsistant.

Everyone I know who has owned an 03 Shocker has had an awful time with it and has sold it.

Horrible, horrible markers - get ANYTHING else....Matrix, Timmy, Angel, Viking, E-Mag......just not one of those.

... I'm actually trading my Emag for it ...

magsRus
02-16-2004, 12:14 PM
My entire team uses 03 shockers, their very fast, light, dependable guns. I know that some of the earlier serial numbers had problems but thats with almost every gun.

GT
02-16-2004, 01:02 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=416998

As quoted from Smart Part's website:

Shocker Factory Upgrade

Dear Shocker Customer,

If you purchased a 2003 Shocker SFT and your serial number is between 0000-3900, we would like to replace your bolt and on/off switch free of charge. Simply complete the registration information below and we will send you the necessary parts to upgrade your shocker.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Bill Gardner, President
Smart Parts, Inc.

0000-3900 Jeez, that's a pretty big Beta-test! *snicker*

Splat

fire1811
02-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by ramenjames
i have heard only bad things about the 03 shocker
their paperweights...and bad ones at that as they are too light and small to hold down paper

thats because your on a automags forum. :rolleyes:

i have and 03 shocker and love it
it preforms well and isnt hard to maintain like everyone says it is.

trigger can be upgraded as said, i prefer the stock one
and yes the impulse/shocker feednecks will work fine
i use a check-it clamping one.
use a hairdryer on it to heat it up for a minute before you take it off its held on by some wicked locktite.

efficiency is not that great but i use a 88ci tank anyway so it doesnt effect me
the only thing i really dont like about the 03 is the new vert max flow. it worked fine but i just prefered my sidewinder reg. so i swapped it out.

for real shocker info look here
www.shockerowners.com

curt

WARPED1
02-16-2004, 01:37 PM
www.shockerowners.com
The Shocker only weighs 1 pound 14 ounces without tank or hopper. How can that be a paperweight?!
The first run of guns had problems, like any first run of guns. But the new ones have all the old bugs worked out. Swapping out triggers is easy, just be careful pulling your grip frame off, the wires are thin there.
The efficiency problem has been solved, buy an Evolve bolt kit and you'll be set.

Originally posted by Gadget

Horrible, horrible markers - get ANYTHING else....Matrix, Timmy, Angel, Viking, E-Mag......just not one of those. You, my friend, must've had friends who either didn't know crap about guns, or part of the bad batch.

GT
02-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
part of the bad batch.

your serial number is between 0000-3900, nearly four thousand is not a bad "batch." That is a case of a company not knowing how the "F" to build a gun!

WARPED1
02-16-2004, 01:58 PM
It took WDP 2 years to nail down all the bugs in the first Angels..............'97-'98 were bad, the 99 and up started to be good.

fire1811
02-16-2004, 01:59 PM
gtrsi

your wrong not all of those guns have problems
there may be a problem with a leak down the barrel if you get sand in your bolt. it is a voluntary trade in
i know some people that dont play in sandy areas and are not going to do the trade in.

can you tell me one company that has not had a "fix" for something they did wrong?

GT
02-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by fire1811
your wrong not all of those guns have problems

I am not wrong that press is from SP! Where does it say voluntary recall?

It took WDP 2 years to nail down all the bugs in the first Angels..............'97-'98 were bad

That is the first I have heard. I have owned alot and I mean alot of Angel LED's.... BTW how many gusn do you think WDP made that first year or so>? Certianly nowhere near 4k... And what does this have to do with shockers? You guys are pimping a product that has a pretty piss poor record for a gun that has been out for what 6 months.

can you tell me one company that has not had a "fix" for something they did wrong?

No, but what I can tell you is that there are companies out there that would address the issue on an open forum, contact dealers that sold the product, send out some mailers to owners who registared thier products. Sorry but your reasoning is way off, there is a big difference bewteen 3-4 dozen units and 4K guns.

logamus
02-16-2004, 05:39 PM
what about the orginal agd superbolt? i believe they made more than a dozen of those. the problem with the shocker bolt is that its made of plastic. i guess you can say that the orginal idea was faulty, but i think it is good on the part of sp to give the early owners the fix for this. most ppl arnt keeping their stock bolts anyway so its really not a huge issue. the recall is because of a potential problem, not one that will happen in ever gun every time. you dont have to order the new bolt but you can. you dont even have to install it if you dont want to. that sounds pretty voluntary to me.

SpongeBobSquarePants
02-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

I am not wrong that press is from SP! Where does it say voluntary recall?

That is the first I have heard. I have owned alot and I mean alot of Angel LED's.... BTW how many gusn do you think WDP made that first year or so>? Certianly nowhere near 4k... And what does this have to do with shockers? You guys are pimping a product that has a pretty piss poor record for a gun that has been out for what 6 months.

No, but what I can tell you is that there are companies out there that would address the issue on an open forum, contact dealers that sold the product, send out some mailers to owners who registared thier products. Sorry but your reasoning is way off, there is a big difference bewteen 3-4 dozen units and 4K guns.

Sorry to butt in, but I must say, if you have never owned a shocker then well you can't really argue any of this because its all hear say. Just a thought

TNS2k2
02-16-2004, 07:33 PM
its not the whole gun that is Junk, its just the bolt and the on/off switch. the original bolt was delrin, and it would wear down and cause leaks, i believe...... so they replaced it with an aluminum. so the rest of the gun is perfectly fine. besides, lots of companies release a marker, and then find things that will make it better.

plus, im interested in the '03 shocker myself, that nasty is looking hot.

Mag_SEAL-6
02-16-2004, 08:28 PM
I know I came a little late in this thread, but DO NOT get an 03 shocker without vision. A friend of mine had a halo on his non-vision shocker, chopped like mad.

And because it's not field-strippable, you have to take yourself out to clean it. If you chop, you can't shoot through it because paint gets all over your bolt and you'll just chop more. Hope that helps

Derman2k
02-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Well for everyone saying don't get it... Too late. I put a down payment of 150 today and they ordered me a Dark Blue one with Vision. Wednesday I'm dropping off my emag and getting the shocker. I ordered a Clamping feedneck and the RIP trigger.

demonguy8
02-17-2004, 03:17 AM
All of the newer production models are getting a NEW on/off switch in them (allegedely more durable... mine was an old one and ive seen toothpics snap under less pressure) Anywho if yours does break its all of $6 in shipping to have it fixed... The new ones are also coming with aluminum bolts since people have been having trouble with sand + dirt scratching the delrin ones...

They take impy threaded feedknecks.

As far as the whole bolt kit obsession.... 3 words: ALL DAY AIR..(its not even THAT gas inefficient to be a problem) The kit is not needed and I wouldnt bother unless your getting crazy shootdown for some reason (in which case somethings wrong to begin with)

As far as triggers... Theres the NDZ rip trigger which to be honest im not that big of a fan of (own one dont use it) it has the adjustable magnet and all but mine attracts instead of repels(SP was dumb and didnt have a standard polarity for there magnet placement) making that adjustment by and large: utterly worthless. It DOES have MUCH less slop than the stock trig Tho and is fairly easy to walk (tho I had to take the magnet out of mine and use the switch as a triggerspring... which makes ANY electro retardedly easy to walk)

There are a few other triggers which i dont know by name coming out... info can be found at the shocker forum on pbnation (yes that sites actually worthwhile every now and then)

Theres a WAS board conversion that should be ready soon and then theres the actual shocker WAS coming out god knows when...

And my shocker with halob(Z softwared) RIPPED CRAZY style no chops before I picked up vision...(only even got vision because I like how my Zboarded Egg sits back on my gun, and Im sick of wasting 10 rounds everytime I reload cuz my halos full).... Besides Non visions are capped at 18bps so unless your halo was f'd up, it SHOULD NOT have chopped... something else was to blame...

Any other questions feel free to PM me..