PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Imagine....

mjs1217
02-15-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm almost positive that i'm going to be buying a Spyder Imagine this week, and I was wondering if anyone has had problems with this gun. If so, please post what the problem was and if/how it was fixed.

Thanks,
-mjs

NGp8ball
02-15-2004, 05:56 PM
i havn't had any problems with mine and ive had it for almost a year now. there pretty reliable. jst make sure u charge the battery so ur not stuck with a dead one in the middle of a game.

03vert
02-15-2004, 05:57 PM
It's a entry level marker so its not gonna go a bizzilion BPS or send each ball right on top of the other(what gun really does?). You can expect to have some problems as we all do with all our guns but overall the spyders that I've played with were totally worth the price. Can't really say that they are that bad really. Not bad at all. Just they are not true elecrto pneumatics in the fact that they use some do-hicky to trip the sear so that it doesn't fully catch the hammer (I think) but it's ok by me as long as it works. I wish i knew the names of these parts.:rolleyes:

hobbesTZ
02-15-2004, 10:19 PM
The solenoid trips the sear which lets the striker have at the valve which opens and pushes against a spring which flings your bolt back with the help of air.

mjs1217
02-15-2004, 11:22 PM
k, Thanks for clearing that up (seriously I do appreciate it because now I know that much more bout my gun-to-be), but I'd sorta like to get back on topic...
Imagine problems..... anyone?

Carbon
02-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Keep an eye on your sear and striker orings. Make sure u use the right durometer orings on the striker. As for the sear, as it gets worn, the gun wont rest properly. The most common SPyder problen i see are recocking/sear catch probs. Either due to negligence or worn parts.

If you are goin for a STBB type gun, go for a pirhana. They are better engineered, and their QC is a better than Kingman's.

mjs1217
02-16-2004, 08:47 AM
k, Also... Will water (rain) kill the electronics in the Imagine? And what happens if someone drops it, will that kill anything inside of it?

robdamanii
02-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by 03vert
or send each ball right on top of the other(what gun really does?).

My Mag with it's freak kit shooting Evil paint.

;)

Originally posted by mjs1217
k, Also... Will water (rain) kill the electronics in the Imagine? And what happens if someone drops it, will that kill anything inside of it?

Water will kill the board yes, and dropping it shouldn't bother it much, but don't slam it down just for fun.

mjs1217
02-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Well, would just having the gun out in the rain for about 10 or so minutes cause it to experience problems, or would the electronics need to have direct contact with the water?

robdamanii
02-16-2004, 02:47 PM
Getting water in the frame in any way would be a bad idea with the board in there, and since there is NO way to seal the frame, you'd be taking a risk with it.

*captain_cox*37
02-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Yeah it should be really reliable, prolly wont have to mess with it at all besides changing the velocity. I would just make sure u keep it oiled up and out of water. ;)

mjs1217
02-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Okay, tommorrow I'm ordering my Spyder Imagine. So, if ANYONE has had problems with the Imagine, please POST IT NOW, before I order it.

Thanks,
-mjs

bleachit
02-16-2004, 11:40 PM
I would suggest getting a delrin bolt. stock spyder bolts have a tendency to scratch, a lot. I have 2 spyders, plus my sister's and her friends, all the bolts are scratched. that can lead to the orings not sealing properly if it gets too bad.

So check out ebay, and see if you can find a good new bolt. I just got this nylatron bolt for my victor, it seems to be pretty nice.

Mindflux
02-17-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by bleachit
I would suggest getting a delrin bolt. stock spyder bolts have a tendency to scratch, a lot. I have 2 spyders, plus my sister's and her friends, all the bolts are scratched. that can lead to the orings not sealing properly if it gets too bad.

So check out ebay, and see if you can find a good new bolt. I just got this nylatron bolt for my victor, it seems to be pretty nice.

I disagree.

I have an AKALMP lightning bolt for my shutter, and it never worked right ever since I put it in, it changed the flow characteristics too much. Stock bolt back in? Marker works great.

bleachit
02-17-2004, 01:06 AM
interesting, ever have problems with your bolt scratching? I use gold cup on mine, always when I play with it. no matter what I do the bolt scratches.

Mindflux
02-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by bleachit
interesting, ever have problems with your bolt scratching? I use gold cup on mine, always when I play with it. no matter what I do the bolt scratches.

Yes the bolt scratches. However the oring is what makes the seal, not the bolt material.

Oring wears down? replace it.

bleachit
02-17-2004, 01:10 AM
I have actually had the bolt scratch so much the oring didnt seal properly. the scratching doesnt affect the inside of the marker?

tyrion2323
02-17-2004, 01:42 AM
The Spyder is nice, but If you're looking for a mid-range investment, I would spend the $100 and spring for the TES because:
(1) Way nicer looking
(2) Don't have to get a new board if you get better
(3) Tighter tolerances
(4) Stock: delrin bolt, regulator, ACE

Just my recommendations - the prices are phenomenal. The $$$/Performance ratio can't be matched!

xXHavokXx
02-17-2004, 01:59 AM
Not to mention,

disintegrating ball detents, mis-soldiered eyes, hammers that are too thick for their tubes and regs that give horrible efficiency.

Carbon
02-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by mjs1217
Okay, tommorrow I'm ordering my Spyder Imagine. So, if ANYONE has had problems with the Imagine, please POST IT NOW, before I order it.

Thanks,
-mjs

I know your pretty much set on getting a Spyder. But, i urge you take a look a pirhana before you buy your spyder. Yes they function identicaly, but i swear PMI guns are better. They are better engineered, better quality control and take many of the same aftermarket parts as Sypders. The field i used to work on used Pirhanas as rentals as well a pro carbines. Yes at actionvillage.com the e pihranhas are about $30-$40 bucks more, but its well worth it. An in the long run you will be happier with your purchase.

mjs1217
02-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Yea, I have looked into the Pirhanas, and I suppose if you get back to me quick enough, I can take a closer look..
Which one should I get in particular?

tyrion2323
02-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Havok,

Every company has its share of problems. PMI's sears break all the time. Kingman's tolerances are lacking. On the whole (every marker must be looked at on the whole) Dragun's TES is a much better deal than any marker under $300.