PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Gear bag

Load SM5
02-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Alrighty, since I'm flying a lot this season, I need to pick up a good gear bag to hold all of my crap. It needs to be able to hold 3 guns, 3 hoppers, a few air systems, mask in a nice sturdy compartment, buncha pods, gloves, tools and all the rest of it. I like the looks of the empire bag but can't find much on it. Looking for opinions. Thanks.

-=Squid=-
02-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Check out either the dye navigator or the new redz. Both are ENORMOUS and very well built. Personally I would prefer the redz.

Derman2k
02-15-2004, 10:10 PM
I have the large JT Rolling bag, Its great for going to the field and stuff... But I dunno how it would hold up on a plane

GT
02-15-2004, 10:18 PM
i need to do a review on my redz gear bag. It can easly hold all of that crap you listed.

jtoothman25
02-15-2004, 10:23 PM
Or spend less and just buy a big bag with rolling wheels. Make sure you have enough pockets. Why insist on buying something because it has a Dye logo on it?

Emily
02-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Paintball body bags....

they come in 2 different sizes. There is the Megabag. It's HUGE! You can get 4 markers in it, several tanks, several masks and a ton more stuff. It also has wheels. They also have a superbag. It's smaller than the megabag but not by much. You can also get your name engraved on it for $5 more.

Go to the link. You won't be disappointed. http://www.paintballbodybags.com/

I have the superbag and Enigma has the megabag. These are the biggest bags for the price that I've seen.

Cphil and Caleb saw Enigma's bag, ask them about how big it is.

Mindflux
02-15-2004, 11:38 PM
I have the redz full size bag.

It's full.

2 markers, 2 hpa tanks, 1 harness with 5 pods. My shoes, pants, shirt, gloves, mask.. 2 hoppers, barrel kit.. various tools and what not. It's packed..

I almost wish it held more.

Methylphenidate
02-15-2004, 11:43 PM
get the gear bag made by unique its hands down the biggest bag. so large infact that i can fit inside one. although i can also fit inside a 12" hyperball tube so that was a bad example.
but its the same bag that the guys from pride use if that does anything for ya.

Torbo
02-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Methylphenidate
get the gear bag made by unique its hands down the biggest bag. so large infact that i can fit inside one. although i can also fit inside a 12" hyperball tube so that was a bad example.
but its the same bag that the guys from pride use if that does anything for ya.

yep, its the same design as the redz full size gear bag, but bigger, which is good.

Cliffio
02-16-2004, 12:15 AM
ive got a dye navigator

its huge, but its pricy

fits a ton of stuff, 3 markers, 20 pods, mask, lots of space for clothes in the bottom part and 2 pairs of cleats

AutomagRT1483
02-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Unique Gear Bag. You can stuff a body in there and no one would ever know. ;) :p

LeatherPants
02-16-2004, 02:39 AM
I have the JT large rolling gear bag. I've actually out grown it but should be fine for you. I usually carry the following.

2 Sets of elbow pads
2 sets of kneepads
2 pairs gloves
2 neck protectors
3 packs
2 Jerseys
2 68/4500 tanks
2 Evo II
3 Halo B
1 Revy
5 Cockers all in Redz gun bags
Tool chest
Freak case
Misc swabs, barrel condoms etc.

I fit all of that in to the bag.

What I don't have room for is:
2 masks (since i have the tool case and Freak case in there)
2 pairs Dye shoes
20 pods

Load SM5
02-16-2004, 08:05 AM
The paintball body bag looks good except the mask looks like it's held in a softer outside pocket. I'd rather it be in a reinforced place so it does'nt get crushed by theose ever so careful airline baggage handlers.

What's the story on mask compartments in the Empire and JT Bags?

crewbe
02-16-2004, 09:23 AM
i have the unique paintball gear bag it is awsome. it holds every thing i have 3markers 2 maskes tool box, freak set, 2 harness with tons of podss, 2 n2 tanks, and a bunch of missilanius(Sp) stuff. only down side it doesnt fit in some trunks its so big

LeatherPants
02-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Load SM5

The JT large bad has a separated area that can hold 2 masks. I opted to carry my tool case and freak case instead.

I have used my JT bag on the airlines. Not for paintball but just at a regular suitcase. Worked fine.

Brennan
02-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio
ive got a dye navigator

its huge, but its pricy

fits a ton of stuff, 3 markers, 20 pods, mask, lots of space for clothes in the bottom part and 2 pairs of cleats

Me too.

I went with the Navigator because I like the design, and I've found the DYE bags (my wife and I both use Weekender field bags) to be VERY durable.

While the Navigator is not the best choice for the budget-minded, I'm very happy with mine.

The bottom line is that there are TONS of big gear bags being made by paintball companies and they're all pretty good. Make a list of the features you value: rolling, hard-floored, adjustable compartments, vented areas, etc; then take a look at the bags that fit your needs.

Later,
B.

hardr0ck68
02-16-2004, 11:48 AM
i personaly want the reds bad, cause it comes with a tripod chair!! :D

GA Devil
02-16-2004, 12:32 PM
i was looking closly at the big empire bag this weekend at MGO. Looks real nice. I was gonna pick 1 up but didnt want to carry it around and kept forgeting to grab 1 leaving each day. But That will be the bag I get. Nice hard sides, lots of room and nice wheels.

50 cal
02-16-2004, 12:39 PM
If you are doing a bunch of flying. Use the firm sided suitcases that are sold at WalMart. They have plenty of pockets and have wheels and a handle to pull it along with. They aren't that expensive, I've seen 'em a lot less than paintball gear bags and built a lot better.

Emily
02-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
The paintball body bag looks good except the mask looks like it's held in a softer outside pocket. I'd rather it be in a reinforced place so it does'nt get crushed by theose ever so careful airline baggage handlers.

The inside compartments can be removed on both bags. For what you're looking for, the megabag would be the ticket. If you remove one of the inside compartments then a mask would fit inside it. The mask would be between the compartments that hold the markers. The compartments are made out of hard cardboard, but I very seriously doubt anyone is going to be able to crush the mask with it being between the markers.

cphilip
02-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Its a nice bag too. I saw Emily's one she bought on Saturday. Its freekin huge.

I personaly still like my two huge roller with handle Pelican cases. Hard shell. And lockable too.

But that bag is a good choice as well.