PDA

View Full Version : Lvl X kicking in too much

Branchvillian
02-15-2004, 09:01 PM
So I went to the field today, and I aired up my gun. I haven't used my E-Mag in a while. I shot, and when I shoot fast the lvl 10 vents out the air, as if there was a ball in there. It does this with no balls. I took out the detent and thought maybe that was the problem, maybe it was stppoing on the detent. It still did it with no detent. What needs to be changed here?

LVL X Specs
Middle Spring(cut by AGD)
2 Shims
no line carrier

Joni
02-16-2004, 08:53 AM
First of all, check your velocity. If thats not the problem:

Drop 1-2 drops of oil in your powertube(a finely tuned lx needs to be well lubed). If that doesn't solve it, try the next bigger size carrier. If that makes it leak down the barrel, use the original carrier, and change to the smallest spring.

Branchvillian
02-16-2004, 10:50 AM
I have been working all morning on my E-Mag, and have had absolutley NO luck. I have tried everything I know. So far I have tried:
Velocity
Oil
Going up a carrier(same O-Ring)
Going Down a carrier(same O-Ring)
Complete overhaul of the lvl X
Added shims
took away shims
all springs used
replaced backing washer
new powertube tip
new Carrier O-ring
Took out the detent
2 different superbolts
charged the battery

Honestly now, what could possibly be the problem? The only thing I can think of, and I'm not even sure if this could be a problem, is the bumper. My clear one is beat to hell, and it's falling apart. Could that somehow be causing the lvl 10 to activate?

Thanks for any help, this E-Mag is a bugger.

BlackVCG
02-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Try shooting it without the barrel and see how it acts.

Branchvillian
02-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Same way, same way.:(

abunkerer
02-16-2004, 01:52 PM
try another tank, I had the same problem. Like you, I "tuned" the LX like a madman and it would still cough during fast strings. when I tried a new tank, the problem went away. I took mine over to my local shop and they were happy to throw a brand new crossfire on it for me to test.

Branchvillian
02-16-2004, 02:08 PM
I already emtied 2 tanks in this gun this morning It isn't the tank.

abunkerer
02-16-2004, 02:23 PM
I meant, 2 different n2 systems. My piston in my N2 tank needed to be regreased and the recharge rate was slow, I found this out by using a different N2 system.

athomas
02-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Have you tried changing the quad o-ring in the on/off?

Branchvillian
02-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Bunker-I know, I emptied both a bulldog and nitroduck tank on it.

Athomas-NO I have not tryed that, I will def. do it when I get a parts kit.