PDA

View Full Version : Logic Automag Frame?

adamd15
02-16-2004, 09:30 AM
I am considering a Logic Automag frame. I am curious to know if anyone owns one and if so, was it worth the 140$ price tag? It looks awesome, i know. But i want to know if it works well, and if it was hard to get set up. Let me know, thanks.

viper_ssc
02-16-2004, 11:26 AM
I have one and I love it. Its very comfortable but did take some getting used to because I've never used a vert frame before. As far as getting it setup its pretty simple just take off the old one and put the new one on.

melster
02-16-2004, 12:27 PM
It's a little thicker than the stock grips, so my hand (i've got small hands) doesn't quite wrap around it as well. It repositions your grip position, so if your old position was the center of gravity, it's going to be a little off now. My trigger frame screw that screws onto the body was too short and I had to use one of the provided drop screws to screw the frame to the body.

OK, enough about the bad stuff.

It brings out the sexy. :) The looks on the RTP go up by 300% once you slap this thing on. The trigger has a couple of adjustable stops that take away any slop. The trigger has no sideways slop, and swings very smoothly. It slipped onto my rail snugly and just dropped right in. No re-adjustments necessary.

In my experience, I cannot walk the trigger yet. I invariably short stroke the trigger. I just have to practice I suppose. Gotta let the trigger rod go all the way forward before the next pull, ya know? However, fanning the trigger is extremely easy and fast.

kenndogg
02-16-2004, 01:59 PM
I have one and got to use it this past Sunday. VERY comfortable. Likes nice and performs just as well. I'm glad I got rid of my intelliframe for it.

barberjohn
02-16-2004, 06:13 PM
very nice frame. more comfy than the ir3 space frame, IMO. just you have to go through the wait to get one, unless you buy it raw, since the ano dude take forever to ano the frames, and usually the eta is about a month or two after you purchased a frame.

cphilip
02-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Just depends on when you hit it. It took only two weeks for mine. But I got in the order list just before some people who had preordered backed out on thiers and I got mine done clear anno that he could do that right there. So I just got lucky is all.

That price is not bad. Compare it to an intelliframe price. Not that much more for a custom limited thing is it? Not at all. And a month or so wait is probably worth it. Think ahead. Be patient. He is a College guy doing them when he can.