PDA

View Full Version : Really dumb idea, but good for a laugh.

robdamanii
02-16-2004, 09:54 AM
As I was getting out of the pool after the scuba class I was TAing for, a thought hit me.

I was using a small scuba tank, which doesnt weigh much. Maybe a 60 CF tank (don't really recall).

Now, take a scuba yolk part from a reg, attach a good reg to it (something to reg it down to about 900 PSI), then run a remote to your marker. Voila, all day air for probably 5 days straight.

Hell, you could make your marker look like a flamethrower, and be the ultimate scenario player at something like D-Day.

Stupid idea, I know, but I'm bored as hell at work today.

personman
02-16-2004, 10:04 AM
Maybe for the older guys who are in shape with good backs. I occasionally scuba and that tank pulls me backwards.. its hard to stand up lol. Then again I only wiegh 125. :p

Big'n slo
02-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Funny you should post this, I actually have the setup but only use it to refill my paintball tanks. Its actually a 4500psi SCBA from my Fire Co. It would be easy enough to use it as a remote setup.

http://www.yachtdiver.com/images/scba/airpak.jpg

50 cal
02-16-2004, 10:37 AM
A long time ago I use to run my MicroMag from a 114 ci remote on a butt pack. Would shoot a case easily and have plenty of air left at days end.
I busted the face of the gauge a few times and had to replace the guage a number of times.

C_22
02-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Not that dumb really. A friend of mine used to do this with a small scuba tank and it worked fine. Of course, it did limit his movemnt a bit but running out of air was not one of his probelms.:p

robdamanii
02-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Hook up a set of doubles on your back, a back fed BIG (i'm talking 4 cases big) pod with a warp and 1-loader type feed, and get a cheap electro spyder to set on full auto and paint the town green.

Yeah, I'm going to get another cup of coffee and stop thinking now. ;)