PDA

View Full Version : Loctite

XspyX
09-19-2001, 02:47 PM
What are the different colors and stengths of loc-tite? I've heard about red/blue/green and purple. What would each color be used for?

shartley
09-19-2001, 03:13 PM
http://www.loctite.com/literature/

Almost anything you would need to know about Loc-tite, in both HTML and PDF format for printing. They did a fantastic job putting this stuff together. I am sure it will be a lot of help.

Hope this helps.

PyRo
09-19-2001, 03:33 PM
Their are so many differant types of loctite for differant applications, that i would be here all day listing them :) Go to the site that shartley posted, if you want more info on a specific product. These are the most commonley used types in paintball though.
Loctite 545 is a phnumatic line sealent, used in place of teflon tape. This does not have the chance of tearing off, getting into your gun, and jamming your reg, causing eratic, high, or low velocity like teflon does.
Red Loctite, i forget the number for it, I think it is 272. This is a permenant thread locker, that you use when you don't have to take something back apart. It can only be broken with heat, and alot of force.
Blue loctite, i forget that one too, it might actually be 272 (go look it up :)). This is a threadlocker, which is not permenant, and can be broken with the use of some force, with no requirement for heat like red does.