PDA

View Full Version : Best Spyder Barrel Under 50 Bucks...

mjs1217
02-16-2004, 08:45 PM
Sorry to post so many threads within such a short time of eachother (this makes about 5 in a week...) with such similar topics (best gun for the money, or is this hopper worth the money, etc), but chances are this will be my last paintball-related purchase for a very long time. So, here it is:
What is the best barrel for under, or close to, 50 bucks?

If your choice is not on the poll, just post it, please.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention, this is going on a Spyder Imagine.

FreakBaller12
02-16-2004, 08:54 PM
custom products are great for the money, i'd got with that, 12 or 14, your choice.

Vash02
02-16-2004, 10:27 PM
I had a 12 in bigshot on my spyder SE and LOVED it. Its pretty much your choice for the length...i liked the shorter one but if you are a fan of longer barrels go with the 14 in.

SN0BL1ND
02-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Save your money and buy the J&J... it shoots better than my buddy's Boomstick...;)

It also cleans itself out well enough that you won't know when you have a break; at the end of the day, you'll see a little goo in the inside of the barrel and wonder when THAT happened!:D

boggerman
02-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the above choices. And length is mostly a personal preference, so my opinion is go with which ever one you can get the best deal on. BTW, I have a bigshot (and an autospirit) for my cockers and a J&J ceramic and CP one piece for my mags, so I have used all of them. I think the quality is a little better on the Lapco barrels, but for the most part you could throw a blanket over all of them.

ASDadam
02-17-2004, 02:46 PM
I have a bigshot i use on my VM68 and love it. The thing is loud and incredibly accurate. But on the same note i've used a Ceramic on the spyder i used to have and loved it more than anything. It had great accuracy and for when you do chop a ball it cleans itself out in 2 or 3 shots and then you're back to shooting straight again.

You can't go wrong with either one of those. Both great, but i say go for the Ceramic, alittle bit quieter.

02-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Just choose the one your like .689 should shoot most field paint fine.

rkjunior303
02-17-2004, 03:54 PM
I have a Bob Long Signature Series 'Longshot' that's spyder threaded .. Stainless, 14''.. I would let it go for like 40+shipping if you are interested.. I loved that barrel -- shot super straight and fairly quiet.. If you get a break, it also cleans out after 3-4 shots... Very nice.. I think I paud $130 for it back in the day.

mjs1217
02-17-2004, 05:17 PM
Hmm, I appreciate the offer, but I have already gotten a few offers for used barrels. Chances are that I will buy it new, but if I decide to buy it used, I'll let one of the people who have offered know (depending on which barrel I chose).

Anyway, please keep the info coming..i'm learnin alot about these barrels so far.

rkjunior303
02-17-2004, 05:24 PM
no problem!.. if you decide you are interested, make me an offer. I haven't used it in ages since I no longer have a spyder... It is virtually brand new and i can send you pics..

personman
02-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Lapco is the best! 12 in is perfect, unless you have some strange desire to waste air and buy a 14 inch. :p