PDA

View Full Version : Hate to ask a Noobe question, but.....

cmaples
02-16-2004, 09:32 PM
I'm finally considering selling my 99 evolution autococker. not because I don't like it, I still love it, I just want something different. I originally was thinking about an angel 4 or maybe the speed(less $)my other thought was a 03 shocker because they just look sexy. recently I'm really getting turned on by this ULE automag that bill mills built ( What a gorgeous picture http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/automag/ulemag/index.shtml )I'd really like to spend no more than 800 dollars. which puts all of these markers in my price range from the various sources i've found. I've always been a fan of mechanical markers. elctros feel too much like the nintendo duck hunt, gun. however the team i'm on is starting to get serious and i'd like something that is a little faster than my cocker and much lighter. I guess my question is this, are all 3 of these markers (4 if u count the speed) of equal caliber? are they consistant and fast. My favorite gun i've ever used is my old nova 700. but it chops paint like a moffo and never hits the same spot twice. Which marker will? obviously angels are touted as the best of the best. but they seem complicated. not to mention a battery is another item to worry about. is it still charged? etc. Ideally i'd like a marker that I can shoot fast, is consistant from shot 2 shot (+- 1 or 2 fps? is that reasonable?),is realible, lightweight, and really quite. some sex appeal would be nice too :-) visually and conceptually I really like the mag. i'm just worried it won't have the same groupings as some fancy high end electro. Any help would be greatly appreciated. do you own any of these? what do you think of them?

Thanks in advance,

Clint

P.S. sorry bout the ? and the long post.

Lohman446
02-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Buy an E-mag (wow, what a surprise off a mag forum) - you get mechanical, with electronics the flip of a switch away.

-=Squid=-
02-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Well... have you considered a viking? I dont mean to hype it, but it is in the same price range as those guns, and in my oppinnion is superior. Check it out at www.ontargetentertainment.com if your interested.

As for the listed guns, I would not recommend an 03 shocker. Not only are they built by smart parts, but they are pretty crappy from what I have seen... but thats just me.

If you have the money, the A4 would obviously be better than the speed, but functionally they are nearly identical if you are on a budget especially.

As for the mag, you could have a completely maxxed out mag made for less than 500 dollars from AGD's store, and if you set them up right, they are FAST.

However, in the end its all your decision, but I hope this helps.

Oh, why no emag? Its in the same price range you speak of.

TraXeR
02-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Might not be withen your price range, but how about a Viking? I've heard nothing but good things. Or there's always the X-Mag.

Damnit Squid, you got it JUST before me :p.

Btw, Welcome to AO ;).

68magOwner
02-16-2004, 09:41 PM
some good questions, well, as far as speed, i think that all the choices will be up to snuff (some will tell you that mechs will be slower, but i have used many markers, and that is not always the case) the ULE mag will definately be light, as will the others, the chrono readings you want (+-1 or 2) will be hard to come by with ANY marker. yada yada, tired of typing blah blah blah, anyway within your price range my choice would be between-
1- viking (if you havent concidered them, check em out for shure)
2- pimped impulse, just traded my mag for an imp, love it.
3- E bladed cocker, not a fan of em myself, but scince you like your other cocker...
4- speed, have NOT shot one, but have shot other angels, good stuff
5- E-mag, more and more software bugs are turning me away form them, but ULE E-mags that work are bueatiful sights to behold.
im not a big fan of intimidators, nor matrices, but you may want to check them out as well
bah- you all beat me, gotta type faster

cmaples
02-16-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I hope i don't offend anyone but i think the emags are kinda ugly...i could get the eblade for my cocker but if i got electro i think i would go a diff marker.

-=Squid=-
02-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by TraXeR
Might not be withen your price range, but how about a Viking? I've heard nothing but good things. Or there's always the X-Mag.

Damnit Squid, you got it JUST before me :p.

Btw, Welcome to AO ;). Actually, a stock viking with no eyes is only 800 bucks... add eyes, covers, and a razor trigger from OTE you pay 885. I figgure another 85 bucks wouldnt be to hard to come up with, especially considering he would possibly be getting an A4.

cmaples
02-17-2004, 03:38 AM
Hmmm.. not quite headed in the direction I had hoped. lets try to put it back on track......

Vikings asside, would it be an accurate statement to say that the tricked out automag will be as consistant (same shot groupings) as and angel or shocker?

So far you guys have been great. Thanks again,

Clint

Joni
02-17-2004, 04:59 AM
Definately. The mag is just as consistant as any marker out there + NO chance of shootdown. I don't know about shootdown on the angel or shocker, but with the RT-valve it will not happen (assuming your tank can handle it). The only downside is that it probably wont be as easy to get high bps. Although, no need to worry about leaking soleonid etc. In my opinion the mag is one of the most reliable guns out there.

Lee
02-17-2004, 06:01 AM
bushmaster. you'll even have some money left over out of your 800$ budget to get the halo you'll want to keep up with it.
out of the box fast, efficient, nice looking, durable, easy maintenance, lightwieght and upgradeable if wanted. it's the most over looked and under rated marker, yet, among the best.

Creative Mayhem
02-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by cmaples
I've always been a fan of mechanical markers. elctros feel too much like the nintendo duck hunt, gun.

What's wrong with Nintendo Duck Hunt?! :P

02-17-2004, 02:19 PM
'03 Shocker, if you are good at working on markers or have a local shop with techs that know what they are doing. A lot of 03 Shockers do not come setup right out of the box.

I dont know anything about speeds.

You might also wanna look into a used GZ or 2k2 Intimidator both guns are definately fast and reliable.

The ULE Mag is definately reliable but speed wise it wont keep up with the other guns(legally atleast).

But overall it comes down to the player shooting the gun.

I would just choose which you are most comortable with.

Timmee
02-17-2004, 06:20 PM
My recommendation is a Bushy. IIRC, you can get a new 'Cocker threaded Bushy with PDS for about $550, which should leave you with enough money to pick up a barrel kit (if you already have a barrel kit for your Cocker, you can always opt for the Vapor mods, which really improve the marker's performance). They function similar to the Angel, Impulse, and Intimidator (ram driven hammer), and I find them easy to work on (no tools needed to pull the ram assembly or LPR out of the body.