PDA

View Full Version : air flow restriction on an on/off?

felony
02-16-2004, 11:03 PM
hey guys, i just recently picked up a smart parts on/off rail asa from a friend and looked down the port where the air comes out. it is obvious when the knob is turned which is on and which is off, but its not what i imagined.

when the knob is turned off, there is obviously no hole for the air.

when the knob is turned on, there is something no bigger then a the allen key you would use to adjust the activation of the trigger on an emag. It definatlly seems SMALL.. much much smaller then macroline.

Is this a air flow restriction and can this effect me after long strings?

thanks
dan

RRfireblade
02-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Sure,mostly recharge rate on higher ROF I would say.

I do the "blow" test on most everything air related.Yeah,I know there's not really a blow test,but if you blow on enuff stuff,you start to get an idea of flow.I hope that sounded right.;)

Particularly ASA's,gas throughs,various on gun air transfers and on/off's.I drill them out all the time.The formula is something like 50% increase in hole diameter=10x more flow or something along those lines.Either way,it often helps.

felony
02-16-2004, 11:15 PM
fudge..

thats what i thought..

dont know ill go as far as to drill..

hmmm silly smart parts

dan

AzrealDarkmoonZ
02-17-2004, 12:08 AM
Assuming it is hooked to a preset shooting out 850 psi I doubt you will see any shootdown, maybe on one of those LP 450 tanks...

Az

RRfireblade
02-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by felony
fudge..

thats what i thought..

dont know ill go as far as to drill..

hmmm silly smart parts

dan

If it's the one I think it is,you can pull the shaft and open it up a bit pretty easy,just be sure to drill from the o-ring side and deburr it.Don't go to large or you'll run into probs with that little ring.You'd be suprised how much added flow you can create by checking various parts of a gun.