PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear X versus E any regrets?

GT
02-16-2004, 11:39 PM
I am doing some serious new purchase thinking. I was looking at AKA stuff, but since you are on your own as far as warrenty with the board, FSDO, and the fact that they can seem to anno a gun the same color....

I got a few prices from some dealers here on AO. It looks like a ULE Emag will run about 900 and an X about 1400.

So the big q is do you guys regret buying your E or do you regret the fact you should have spent the extra 500 for an X?

Steelrat
02-16-2004, 11:55 PM
About AKA:

-My 04 anno is perfectly matched
-FSDO is usually fixable with a minor dwell increase, and isnt present in most of the guns
-WAS has a lifetime warranty on their boards

As far as the X vs E. I had an X, now I have a full ULE emag. No regrets here. In fact, you can essentially by a new flatline and a barrel kit for the difference in price. To me, that makes the E a better value. But the X sure is pretty.

Mindflux
02-16-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

I got a few prices from some dealers here on AO. It looks like a ULE Emag will run about 900 and an X about 1400.

So the big q is do you guys regret buying your E or do you regret the fact you should have spent the extra 500 for an X?

Fully ULE Emags are about 1100 new. I was quoted that price a while back by a vendor here.

I personally LOVE the way the X mag looks.. I'd chose that, but I have no need for the swappable breech either.

MicroMiniMe
02-17-2004, 12:11 AM
I prefer the E-Mag. For the difference in price you can go with a Deadlywind body and get your own ano job.

From what people say, the ACE is rarely used with level 10 running primary. If it was break beam it might be a better factor though.

JuggaloDave
02-17-2004, 12:50 AM
cost vs form and function
the xmag looks great, but dont do a thing differant from the emag sides look prity and has swapable breeches. i would say one may get an xmag as for appreciation of the art that went into designing it,and to be one of the exclusive owners. also with the xmag is that wait; i personaly would just buy an emag that comes with all ule cept the rail now from what i understand for 800, and use the rest to geta rail and what ever else will fit your fancey. or wait it out, cause i think there is rumor that agd is gunna do an emag drop down window like the now have on the rt.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
02-17-2004, 01:24 AM
I have no regrets buying my Xmag. Especially now that I have the 4.0 on it. The gun simply rips. The ace is something that comes in handy when your gun is ripping that fast.

Bulldog
02-17-2004, 01:31 AM
Yep, what Flyboy said.

When I was first getting 4.0 set up, I had ace off, and I actually chopped.

pb4jc
02-17-2004, 02:27 AM
Swappable Breeches!!!

Oh the possibilities

Kevmaster
02-17-2004, 11:54 AM
I've owned both.

I love my Xmag to death, and wanted it just beacuse it looks DAMN good. However, in terms of performance, it really doesn't have many advantages. I can't think of a time when the ACE did anything of substance, but I still am glad its there. The swapable breeches are nice, but I've yet to use the centerfeed

if you're looking for jazz...get the X. if you're looking for a deal, get the E.