PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Paintballs review: Tballs vs Vballs

demonguy8
02-17-2004, 03:50 AM
Alrighty then I was trying to find a good way to be able to run some drills from the comfort of my own home and came across both of these from work. Ill compare and contrast a bit to show how things are.. (at least from my experience with both products)

Start with Rufus dawg T-balls:
Comes with 50 count in bright colors I chose this neon red.

First thoughts:
These things are very rubbery, seem smaller than a normal balls, all sorts of lines + seems + deformation on these suckers... Ive seen BE paint that had less imperfections :( , have quite a bit of friction to them tho not suprising since they ARE rubbery (and includes oil with them for that purpose), and OMG these thigns are bouncy..

Firing: Filled my halob Zsoftware with em and it jammed instantly... After repeating this about 10 times I broke out the EGG2-Zboard and filled her up... ahh finally it works!(kinda) I had approximatly 3 hopper jams with the egg over the 10ish times I filled up and tried to fire the suckers... First shot: went CRAZYSTYLE off where i aimed at (looks like a paintball being fired after a MESSY barrel break, it corkscrewed and flew all sorts of randomly) needless to say I wasnt very impressed... I figured it might be a fluke and retried with more oil, less oil, no oil to no avail...(and yes I cleaned the gun between these sets) The velocity appeared to be consistent with normal paintball speeds (tho since I just got my gun back I dont have actuall chrono readings to back my statements)
The biggest problems I see with this system are however the balls ability to bounce... these things WENT EVERYWHERE even with a net to try and catch them needless to say I spent alot of time searching for the things... at least theyre brightly colored... That and the force fed hoppers hit the balls and send them bouncing all crazy inside the hopper instead of actually feeding them... my egg was doing about 5 balls a sec at BEST

Overall impression: I pity the fool that wastes their money...

NEXT UP

VBALLS (plastic balls with velcro around them)
feels much light than a paintball...
Comes with a velcro target..

Balls are all black (can be a pain to find ones that bounce)
balls are much smaller compared to paintballs (rolled out of my barrel... tho im told after a while they get a bit fuzzier and work better since theyre puffier)
Appeared to be shooting NOTICABLY SLOWER THAN TBALLS with same settings (despite Tballs having more friction... I theorize its because Vballs are so much lighter they might stall more in the air)
I only had about 20 vballs to work with but the halo fed em with only one jam out of 10... The evlution had 0 jams...
I ran out of air before I could do hopper speed tests :(
As far as aiming... at a range of no more than 25 ft (in my basement :D ) I was hitting within an inch or so of what I was aiming at (since my gun wasnt clamped down and Id just changed my guns setup... Id stak that as fairly good...
I didnt have any crazy stray balls with this set but to be fair I was only shooting them one by one...

Overall impression: Im thinking Im gonna be buying a set of these

I realize that having no scientific data other than what my eyes showed me kinda trivializes these results but for me at least the Tballs where nothing but a nightmare... The Vballs however seem to actually be something I might be able to run drills with.. I hope this review helps someone and if theres any questions feel free to ask.

cledford
02-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Got the Vballs for Xmas from fiancée - she picked 'em out herself and was quite proud of them. I don't have the heart to tell her that they suck, although they do horribly. Even with an open-bolt semi and properly working ball detent they roll out. Also, if you put the target on anything hard, you will get bounces and yes, black Velcro balls can be hard to find in the basement. Also, they would not feed from my HALO.

It doesn't bother me that the loss velocity very quickly, that's what you want inside, but otherwise they are worthless.

-Calvin

Joni
02-17-2004, 07:46 AM
WDP has made something called reball, which I have heard only good things about. Theyr'e not for sale yet, but joy division has used them, and they seem thrilled about it. I'm not sure if they are rubber or plastic though.

tyrion2323
02-17-2004, 12:50 PM
When I want to practice shoot, btu I don't want to waste paint, I just head on down to the farmer's market and pick up some grapes.

personman
02-17-2004, 05:20 PM
I would like to find some cork balls of the right diameter sometime. I think I've seen them used before at some field and at the end of a game they would just vaccume them up and re distribute them out.. I dont remember where I heard this though. Its a pretty sweet concept, it would be alot cheaper than paintballs, but would only work indoors.