PDA

View Full Version : Indiana...college and paintball

Kellen_p8nt
02-17-2004, 11:12 AM
ok so ive been away from the forums for a looooong time. Been here in beautifull hanover indiana going to school. I at one time tried to start a team hear, but the few 'ballers thatexist here are all scenario ballers...specifically reinactments. Not my cup of tea honestly. But I was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting a team together through my school and a good way to jostle some money out of em for the aforementioned team.

oh does anybody know of a BYOP, walk on field thats nice with reasonable prices in Indiana...IM DYING UP HERE

thei3ug
02-17-2004, 03:48 PM
believe it or not, Indiana's a big state. There might be several Hanovers...

If you're in Hanover in Lake County, the only field that is (or was) BYOP was Adrenaland.

I don't play much rec anymore, and don't know their business situation.

I do know they were getting flak with business permits because local residents thought it taught children violence 2 years ago...I also know the owners were two nice brothers, who care about their customers and are great to talk to.

Only other two fields in the area are Blast Camp, and Country Club in Illinois, both FPO. Both good fields.

There is also Omega Sport Complex, up in Hobart, near Andrean High School... They've had safety issues since they opened. I believe they're FPO as well.

Kellen_p8nt
02-17-2004, 07:50 PM
yea im in southern Indiana. Hanover/Madison right across the river from kentucky. I dont wanna really go back to Kentucky since ive played most of the fields there that i know of.

ANybody please?

Kellen_p8nt
02-18-2004, 09:30 AM
morning up.

help meeeeeee

thei3ug
02-19-2004, 11:35 AM
how far you willing to drive?

check out this resource:
http://iccpaintball.com/

i know they hold events in southern indiana.

Crazy
02-19-2004, 06:16 PM
heh... icc.. mine as well drive to kentucky.

thei3ug
02-19-2004, 06:26 PM
Did I say join the ICC?
no.

But there's a LIST OF FIELDS on that website.

And besides, There's more than corn.... whatever.

jeffremiller
02-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Not sure where Hanover or Madison is exactly... but there is paintballfun in Corydon. Try www.paintballfun.com

There is also the Underground... which is, as the name suggests, UNDERGROUND!!! It's in an old Quarry mine or something. Haven't been there myself but it's in Marengo.

And the real prize is Silver SPur... but that's in Princeton, IN Over by Evansville. http://www.silverspursplat.com

Not sure of the BYOP or FPO status of each. You can BYOP at Silver SPur but we just normally buy a bag from Pop's. He's a great guy... Great reffs...

If you're interested in a team, PM me.

J_

crewbe
02-19-2004, 07:22 PM
if you are interested in starting a college team check out www.college-paintball.com should be able to find some good info about starting a club/team

dyst0pia
02-19-2004, 07:28 PM
I don't know how far you are willing to drive for a field, and it isn't BYOP, but Proving Grounds up in Sheridan, IN is awesome. That is my home field, and it rocks. Paint is reasonable, $60 for a case of midnight. And free air all day. Also, one of the owners is on Aftershock, so you know you are playing with (mostly) professionals. The guys at PG are VERY nice, good at ball, and a lot of fun. Check it out.