PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps the most annoying cosmetic detail about the emag/rtpro

Cryer
02-17-2004, 01:25 PM
I'll use Deadlywind's new Karta Project as an example.

In my opinion these body/rail combos are the sexiest thing you can get for a mag... Except for one thing...

By looking at the pic, can anyone guess what I'm talking about?

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1258778

Those damn sight rail holes...
Emags have six of them... RTpros have 12!

Why? Most people havent used sight rails in a decade... Those who still do (like myself) have them on simply to cover up the holes. Its gnasty...

Ideally, what I would like to see is another 1-piece body (not unlike the SFL or Xmag). but if that isnt going to happen, at least make the holes go away...:(

Mindflux
02-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
I'll use Deadlywind's new Karta Project as an example.

In my opinion these body/rail combos are the sexiest thing you can get for a mag... Except for one thing...

By looking at the pic, can anyone guess what I'm talking about?

Those damn sight rail holes...
Emags have six of them... RTpros have 12!

Why? Most people havent used sight rails in a decade... Those who still do (like myself) have them one simply to cover up the holes. Its gnasty...

Ideally, what I would like to see is another 1-piece body (not unlike the SFL or Xmag). but if that isnt going to happen, at least make the holes go away...:(

AGD mentioned once they used up all their current rails they'd make some without holes too.

My omega rail has no holes.. yum!

dansim
02-17-2004, 01:31 PM
just use epoxy putty to fill em, and use auto paint to match it

Cryer
02-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux

AGD mentioned once they used up all their current rails they'd make some without holes too.

My omega rail has no holes.. yum!

I loved my Omega Rail...3 Problems with those:
1= VERY Rare
2= Tolerances differ from rail to rail. Mine worked fine, but I had seen others that were so far off, the mag wouldnt fire.
3= those 'Gills' at the back of the rail gouged out a good chunk of my hand the first time I used it. I've since learned not to grip it around the valve while diving:p

I would like to see a nice looking AGD rail similar to the omega design.

RoadDawg
02-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

I loved my Omega Rail...3 Problems with those:
1= VERY Rare
2= Tolerances differ from rail to rail. Mine worked fine, but I had seen others that were so far off, the mag wouldnt fire.
3= those 'Gills' at the back of the rail gouged out a good chunk of my hand the first time I used it. I've since learned not to grip it around the valve while diving:p

I would like to see a nice looking AGD rail similar to the omega design.

Buy a RogueRail. It's a stock agd rtp rail just milled out and annodized.

TSalPaintball
02-17-2004, 01:40 PM
I agree with all of you, those holes have to go. No one wants them, no one needs them, why have them? A sexy looking rail from ADG would sell like hot cakes. I would deffinatally buy one!

02-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Battery is worse. I dont even notice the holes.

Gabriel
02-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by TSalPaintball
I agree with all of you, those holes have to go. No one wants them, no one needs them, why have them? A sexy looking rail from ADG would sell like hot cakes. I would deffinatally buy one!

I dont think they would 'sell like hotcakes'. First limitation is people with an RTpro/e-mag rail. Second is money. Third is people may not like them, but are not going to get another rail and have the entire gun re-annoed to achieve a match, when they could just ignore it. Or use the epoxy as stated above. Let's just let it come when it comes, and not try to push. He has to first sell all of the sight rails, ergo he must also sell all of the body railes with holes. Then we can buy them. He is not doing it to 'sell like hotcakes', simply to give the buyer what they want in the future.

jimmyjobob
02-17-2004, 02:00 PM
i agree with you about the tapped holes. More annoying is the the recessed area for the jewel. makes it difficult to polish out because the area is so thin on the ule rail.
and if you dont want the emag sticker on there, it looks odd.

i heard you could get some black oxide screws at the hardware store. might make it look better.

Cryer
02-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by RoadDawg
Buy a RogueRail. It's a stock agd rtp rail just milled out and annodized.

aaaaand it still has the holes.

Originally posted by jimmyjobob
i agree with you about the tapped holes. More annoying is the the recessed area for the jewel. makes it difficult to polish out because the area is so thin on the ule rail.
and if you dont want the emag sticker on there, it looks odd.
Just do like I did: Order custom Jewels from Frymarker:D (pics next week)

RoadDawg
02-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by dansim
just use epoxy putty to fill em, and use auto paint to match it

Here's your answer. Rogue's is a stock RTP rail so of course it's gonna have the holes. I have a wingless version and it still has holes. All because they are drilled in so far. I don't really notice them anymore. I think it makes my rail look a bit more stylish. Just my 2 cents.

sps16
02-17-2004, 02:27 PM
i still use my sight rail :( it looks sexy with a black ule

LudavicoSoldier
02-17-2004, 02:34 PM
I've been dying for a RTP rail w/o holes. Yeah, sure, the Omega rail is nice, but SOMEONE has decided that they are worth $125, which they are not. We need a sexy, lower priced rail from AGD. Afterall, the Omegas were selling for ~30-40 before SOMEONE bought them all up and jacked the prices.