PDA

View Full Version : ULT or Stock On/Off

ShaftyMcGee
02-17-2004, 02:12 PM
looking into picking up an x-valved mag and was wondering whether i should go for the ULT or just go with the stock on off. I've seen the videos of Z-man sweet spotting and rippin with the stock valve and seen the video of tom rippin with the ULT. which do you guys prefer? is one easier to shoot?

02-17-2004, 02:23 PM
I had both and I thought the stock one was easier to shoot.

Cryer
02-17-2004, 02:42 PM
I haven't shot the ULT, but I absolutely loved the feel of the stock valve.

GT
02-17-2004, 02:45 PM
I love the ULT in my classic. its awsome with the benchy frame, real long but super smooth..

PBCapo
02-17-2004, 02:48 PM
I have an xvalve with ult in my mag, and my friend has an xvalve with no ult, they're both really nice, and really different. It's hard to tell though. I can definitely shoot faster with the ult, if thats what you want to know.

Cyberious
02-17-2004, 02:52 PM
My TacOne came without a ULT. I installed one as soon as I could. It makes the trigger pull very nice and very short. I like it alot and definitely recommend it. I think I ended up with 1 lvl10 shim and 4 ULT shims.

Eric Cartman
02-17-2004, 02:54 PM
I have an xvalve with ult in my mag, and my friend has an xvalve with no ult, they're both really nice, and really different. It's hard to tell though. I can definitely shoot faster with the ult, if thats what you want to know.

I'm in the same boat. My brother has the stock on/off which is great and I have the ULT which is also great. I've experienced no short stroking with the ULT (although some others may have) and I love it. I can definitely shoot much faster with the ULT.