PDA

View Full Version : My first day being Warped

Onryou
02-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Well, sunday I got the pleasure of taking my new warp feed out for its inaugural run.

It was a brisk 35 degrees with some moderately gusty winds. A total of 11 people showed up to play, half of them high-school or younger the rest well over my age. There were 3 Tipmanns, 1 spyder, my mag, and 6 cockers. I waited until everyone else was finished fiddling with their markers to pull mine out. Just the look on everone's faces was enough to make me happy with my purchase. First off, most of them had never even seen an Automag (they have all only recently upgraded from Spyders)- let alone a warped mag.
We played our first game and I, as I normally do, gravitated toward the position of Frontman. Let me tell you, I don't think i've ever seen a better upgrade for that position. I'd pop out of bunkers just far enough to get my shots off and drop back behind them. I managed to play four games without even so much as a splatter. As the day progressed and the temperature dropped, my accuracy fell. :( But that was because my paint was getting too cold. The only times i got hit was when i was attempting big moves. Most of the eliminations were on my chest. My mag only got hit once on a run, and the worst part is somehow it came from the right side, and missed the marker entirely, exploding on the right side of my warp, covering my marker and the warp in one fell swoop.
But overall, I have absolutely no complaints about its performance and i feel like i'm living a dream :D

Cryer
02-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Onryou
...My mag only got hit once on a run, and the worst part is somehow it came from the right side, and missed the marker entirely, exploding on the right side of my warp, covering my marker and the warp in one fell swoop.

Seee?!See?!
If you didnt have that clumsy, bulky warp, you'd have AVOIDED being hit... Eh?! :p

Lethargic
02-17-2004, 06:04 PM
I absolutely loved my warp. But I have to disagree with you on it being a frontman upgrade. I play front and I could not adjust to using that thing. It was fine when I was playing further back in the field, but as soon as I had to play tight, I could not get that thing in a good firing position. I had to contort myself so bad just to be able to keep firing. In the end i went back to my egg and vert feed just because I could play tighter to the bunkers and still shoot.

I'd get another one in a heartbeat if I had to play back though. Those things are incredible if you have the room to be able to maneuver your marker. Not to mention the feed rates once you get a 12v mod...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

Seee?!See?!
If you didnt have that clumsy, bulky warp, you'd have AVOIDED being hit... Eh?! :p

...or it would have hit him and left a nice welt on him instead, so the warp saved him a bit of pain :)

i_baked_cookies
02-17-2004, 06:44 PM
keep playing with your warp for another few months or so, and after all the problems with the paint not gripping and wires coming loose and whatnot, go back to a vert setup. its strangly pleasing to go back to simple