PDA

View Full Version : E-Cocker vs E-mag

slushee
02-17-2004, 06:31 PM
I was cruising www.canadianpaintball.com (a very reputable canadian paintball store online with GREAT prices) ...

An E Cocker comes out to $909.99 CAD
http://www.canadianpaintball.com/main/markers/wgp.htm

An EMag comes out to $1499.99 CAD
http://www.canadianpaintball.com/main/markers/airgun.htm

There is the Hyperframe option which comes out to $400 if memory serves (they only show the Autococker one that is more money)
http://www.canadianpaintball.com/main/access/centerflag/cocker.htm

To keep the Mag as a viable option, do you think it could be possible to either reduce the price of the EMag, or make an electro grip frame that works/looks WAY better for regular Mags that is a bit cheaper then the Hyperframe?

i_baked_cookies
02-17-2004, 06:42 PM
its possible to make that frame. and with the advent of the ULT, you dont have to use bigger noids and therefore reduce the cost. i dont know anyone whos gonna do it though...

Elop
02-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Slushee I don't think they have updated the Airguns page for like over a year..lol..U can get new E-Mags from the states for like 1000 shipped with the Dollar being so high.. Not sure why its so hihg now..They prolly don't deal much Airgun equiptment compaired to the WGP...

ramenjames
02-17-2004, 06:59 PM
the cocker has elves inside:D

barberjohn
02-17-2004, 07:35 PM
you would be better off just getting a used emag.

felony
02-18-2004, 09:06 AM
that seems like a huge price difference.

Maybe I havent looked around for awhile, but that just doesnt seem right. The ecocker is almost half the emag?

danh

jtoothman25
02-19-2004, 12:24 PM
www.paintballgear.com check out the emag prices there. Maybe those prices you have there are canadian money prices.

hobbesTZ
02-19-2004, 01:43 PM
PBgear has them for $800-900 when in stock. You can get a sweet eblade for that price as well. On should note that the e-mags don't come with ULE bodies yet, just the ULE frame/lvl 10/xvalve. There's a pretty big differance betwixt the two, so you really have to try both. I have, and I ended up getting an eblade just because I was able to get it cheaper, but I could have swung either way if the prices were the same.

einhander619
02-19-2004, 01:54 PM
betixt

Extra points for vocab!

paint magnet
02-19-2004, 06:12 PM
He said "betwixt", not "betixt" ;)

Look around on other sites and see what kind of prices you can come up with. If you have to order from that site, see if you can get them to price match it to somewhere else.

BTW, there is a big thread on the possibility of Logic electronic vertical frames...but as of yet they have not come out and really aren't that far along in the developmental stages. It would be an awesome idea if it worked out and price wasn't too much of an issue, though. :)

EDIT - you should be able to get an Emag for 899 USD easily. Not sure how much that converts to Canadian, but it's definately not 1.4k

EDIT AGAIN - Ramenjames - the mag has elves inside too thanks to Level 10. And don't forget that when you shoot a cocker and the block comes back, the elves can escape :D