PDA

View Full Version : Im going crazy over this, Please Help

NeilS300
02-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Ok heres the problem. I've had a small leak out of the back of my gun for a while now(I think since I got the lvl. X). It sounds like its coming out of the velocity adjuster, so I think it is a problem with the regulator. I've changed my regulator seat and it seemed to fix it for a day, but then the leak came back. I tried cleaning my regulato piston, but after I did the leak just got worse. I've changed my teflon o-ring in my on/off. I'm using nitrogen, do you think I need the HPA regulator piston? Do you think I need anything new or do you think it might be my Lvl. X?

With my level 10 im using the one dot carrier(one bigger leaks down the barrel), three shims. I have a minimag with the stock minimag valve. Any suggestions are appriciated.

P.S. I'm playing a scenario game in two weeks, so if you think I need a new part please post it so I can get it in before I have to play.

RRfireblade
02-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Turn down your velocity,shoot a bit and then see if it stops.If it does but comes back when you turn back up to 300fps or what ever,you need a new HP reg piston.

If it still leaks regardless,change the o-oring on the reg piston and see what happens.

NeilS300
02-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Ok. Do you know what kind of material the piston o-ring is? When I try to turn down my velocity it wont shoot because of Lvl 10. I gradually turn it up and it will start to chuff. But when I do finally get it to shoot it will just kinda leak. But with the velocity low it will shoot until i short stroke it, then it will only chuff. I hope you understand that.

RRfireblade
02-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Sounds like you do need the HP piston.

GA Devil
02-18-2004, 09:30 AM
same thing happened to me when I installed my level 10. Sounds like you have the older reg piston. Just replace that with the new one from teh AGD store and all should be good.

NeilS300
02-19-2004, 03:59 PM
I just ordered the HP Piston. Do I need to greese it or anyting, or do I just drop it in and go. And now I'm pretty sure its my piston, because I took it out and it was very very dirty, and I couldnt wash it off.

redlaser666
02-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Just oil it nicely (autolube, KC troble free) and drop it in, put a bit of grease (any synth grease) on the spring pack to prevent rust and thats it.