PDA

View Full Version : hey ppl bout the classic

Delux_147
02-17-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm planning on getting a perfect mint shape, with a boomstick 16" barrel, and nitrous tank 68CI i think. and a double trigger on it. And I dunno if its just my mind was brain washed or what but, is it worth getting over a spyder? even with all its speeds and stuff. And If i do get the classic Mag im going to upgrade to a lvl10. so can someone help convince me, because i know this gun ro cks but my retarded self keeps looking back to the hightech itms, and if you could please let me know what upgrades are vital to make the classic become an *** kicker!

Delux_147
02-17-2004, 08:21 PM
please ppl i really need your help give me full detail! on how the automag classic rocks!

Pyrate Jim
02-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Yes, mags rock.

But it's a matter of design. A mechanical stacked-tube blow-back semi like a Spyder that works as well as a blow-forward is hard to find.
A classic mag in the right hands needs no upgrades to rule the field. Putting in all the extras just makes that much sweeter.

Delux_147
02-17-2004, 08:38 PM
thanks alot, do you know what the boomstick adds, i heard its a top of the line barrel? if you do plz tell me but thanks for the post, I will have fun kickin those kids asses with a classic lol thanks alot!

shaunyoung000
02-20-2004, 02:18 PM
You definitely need the mag. Spyders chop, don't shoot near as fast on average as mags, mags are more consitent, and accurate too. This should be an easy decision. Yes, yes you may say "Well mags cost more", but you need to consider maintence on the gun, and how many upgrades you'll have to put on the spyder just to get it at the same level as the mag, which is still much lower that what a good upgraded mag can do.

Delux_147
02-20-2004, 03:54 PM
thanks, umm i have a question cani change the trigger frame? or is it only supposed to be like that? cuz i dunno i wnted to add a full double trig? instead of the strap on one lol

Skoad
02-20-2004, 03:57 PM
just a note: thats an awesome poll

Delux_147
02-20-2004, 03:58 PM
haha my bad man i was like wtf with the options, i didnt know it did that

PBCapo
02-20-2004, 04:09 PM
yea get a mag, for consistency and when u get the lvl 10, u wont chop if its tuned right. I'm a day older than you......sry:p

Delux_147
02-20-2004, 04:12 PM
lol ok thanks ahaha just 24 hours older lol, is there anything nice i can do to its frame? or trig to make it nicer, i got the TR valve added in so right now its rippin, just wanted to add some touch ups to make it look cool lol, but most of all i need to know any nice trigger upgrades there might be

PBCapo
02-20-2004, 05:04 PM
you can add a double trigger to the stock frame, or buy a whole new frame, i suggest the intelliframe or ygrip

Delux_147
02-20-2004, 06:30 PM
hmm, do u know how much the intili frame is? cuz i hate having only one finger working

bleachit
02-20-2004, 07:05 PM
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?action=cat.prodInfo&productID=1&categoryID=9 intelli's are $115 from AGD's store.

you might want to check out the Y-grip too, its $120 from AGD's store.
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?action=cat.prodInfo&productID=354&categoryID=9

and there is Coolhand's vert frame, its worth a look too. they are $140 from his site.

http://www.logicpaintball.com/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LP&Product_Code=LVAF&Category_Code=LP

if you are patient, coolhand is working on an electro version of the grip, but its still a ways off.

Delux_147
02-21-2004, 12:06 AM
the lagic site god damn thats a crazy *** design lol, do pu know any goods on it? other then wat it says?

bleachit
02-21-2004, 12:25 AM
do a search on AO for logic frame and electronic logic vert frame. You might be able to find some threads from people who have bought the mech version. From the few posts that I remember, people seem to like them alot. Or, you can ask Cphilip, he just picked one up.

acropilot19
02-21-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Delux_147
please ppl i really need your help give me full detail! on how the automag classic rocks!

My 2cents...

Two Main points to consider...

Quality- I started out with a stock 68 classic last year and quickly worked my way up to my current ULE Xvalved Emag setup. The thing thats really Impressed me with all of 'em is the Extreme HIGH Quality of All the AGD products. Their stuff is built tough & Just works.

Support- Their Tech support is THA BEST. They are Always Balls-ON Helpful with questions/problems. You may have to spend some time on hold but its worth the wait. I know when I call them with Q's or orders I'm gonna get the straight skinny EVERY time- Always a pleasure.

Maybe not the Sexiest guns out there but they work Damn good & they back their products 100%.:)

I Really liked my 68- get that Level-10 & an Intelliframe & you'll be set.:D

BTW: lotsa great upgrade options to suck your wallet dry:p

breg
02-21-2004, 03:20 AM
I own a Spyder Tl Plus and an RT/Pro. I know it's not a Classic, but I'll tell you that in the end like with so many other things: You will get what you pay for. With a Spyder, you will get a decent entry level gun that preforms Ok with a lot of upgrades that produce almost intangible results.

With the Mag, you will get a gun with a lot of tradition behind it, and updrages that will produce a noticible difference in preformance. Also, I've noticed that my RT/Pro is a lot more reliable than the Spyder, and with much higher preformance standards. But, yes the Level 10 is a must. It is the most important upgrade concerning preformance. That will allow you to not have to worry aboput chopping, once it is correctly tuned. Then, I'd say maybe an X valve, but those are kind of pricey, but the RT effect really cool. Then, maybe a ULE body, those are a lot lighter, and they have Cocker threads which opens up a lot of different barrel options.
The Intelli Frame is cool as well. I love the one on my RT/Pro. But, i think the Blade Intelli looks cooler.

Mags, in my opinion, also have other advantages over Spyders: Profile. Mags have a much lower profile than most other markers. Break down: the one field strip screw, once removed allows the whole "guts" of the gun to be removed as one unit. The cotter pin on the Spyder's field strip scew is easy to lose, and after that it is just a matter time time until the field strip pin comes loose and then you are really in a bind. I'm not sure if Kingman went to quick release pin since mine was made, but I would rather just deal with the field strip screw. Parts: The Mag, when field stripped, is only two parts: the boday/ barrel/ hopper and the bolt/ valve/ reg/ assembly. The Spyder has a lot more than just that.

So, I would reccomend just going with the Mag and being part of paintball tradition.

Delux_147
02-21-2004, 07:15 PM
ok thanks alot, im goin with the mag, thanks alot and feel free to post any new ideas yall get 4 me, i need everything i can get