PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Rod Length!?!?!!?!?!?

TheManofMags
09-19-2001, 07:15 PM
Today I got a guy I know to do a trigger job to my Mag. It just has the stock trigger frame. I'm pretty sure he just lengthend the rod. Now, the trigger pull is so short, I can pull ut with he safety on. It's shorter than an Angel's trigger pull. I know that you're not supposed to mess with the trigger rod, but I'v shot about 400 rounds through it with the trigger job and it shoots fine. There's nothing wrong with this is there? Can it screw up my gun? If so, How?

TheManofMags
09-19-2001, 07:46 PM
come on reply somebody

pharcyde
09-19-2001, 07:51 PM
i'll reply, if it hasn't gone down with the crash there are many old threads dealing with trigger rod lengths. mainly rob explaining why you shouldn't mess with the trigger rod. just take my word for it: Don't Mess with the Trigger Rod Length!

Ityl
09-19-2001, 08:27 PM
Why make another thread when people are already answering your question in "how can I do a trigger job myself?"

a_malfunction
09-19-2001, 10:05 PM
There should be a small space between the back of the trigger and the trigger rod when the gun is gassed up. As long as you have this space, you can do what ever you want to your trigger rod. The gun needs this space to cycle completely. If you dont have a small space, you will have problems in the long run.