PDA

View Full Version : what's up with smart parts??

rtpro28
02-19-2004, 12:23 PM
i'm kinda new to all this, so why does everyone hate smart parts all of a sudden? i have an smart valve and just wondering if i should take it off or not. what did they do?

fallout11
02-19-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm sure I'll get an arguement from someone about at least some of this, but here goes...

1) Smart parts filed a bunch of "broadly worded" patents. One in particular covers any electronically-operated paintball gun.

2) Smart parts is now engaged in a methodical campaign to enforce its patents, specifically the one on electronically-operated paintball markers.

3) This is accomplished by either asking for royalties/licensing fees (Dye), accompanied with legal threats (ICD), or by actively suing manufacturers (AKA).

4) Eventually, Smart parts will get to everyone, including AGD.

ramenjames
02-19-2004, 01:33 PM
dude i made this thread too
just search for anything that has smartparts and hate in the title

*captain_cox*37
02-19-2004, 02:24 PM
No you dont have to take off ur valve dude. I hope no one will get mad cuz u have a SP valve. Smart Parts is trying to say they have a paten for an electronic marker and they were the first to make one and get a patent for it and are trying to sue all companies that have a electronic marker. Pretty lamo.

hardr0ck68
02-19-2004, 02:34 PM
yeah i always hated BE as corperate paintball, now i prey they stand up and flex their muscles to stop SP. You dont have to take their valve off, just please dont go out and buy a shocker or freak and support the jerk offs.

rtpro28
02-19-2004, 03:24 PM
sounds like the rich trying to get richer, the easy way. does anybody not sue now adays. it's a little scary. but by the way, what is a good backup gun to carry. right now i have an rt pro,with intelli, dye boomstick, revi, mini shocteck drop, and pure energy 68-3k. just looking for a back up. and anything else for the rt pro??

JesseB
02-19-2004, 03:31 PM
03 shocker coming in a week.....hahahahaha

Chojin Man
02-19-2004, 03:34 PM
You could get a ULE mainbody and rail. I would invest in a halo or warp feed if you are outshooting the revi.

rtpro28
02-19-2004, 04:02 PM
is there a big difference from the revi to the halo? i thought about going warp feed but i'm not too sure about it. my gun already weighs about "300lbs."

logamus
02-19-2004, 04:11 PM
do you really need a backup with an rtpro? its not like they break down alot.

Chojin Man
02-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by rtpro28
is there a big difference from the revi to the halo? i thought about going warp feed but i'm not too sure about it. my gun already weighs about "300lbs."

Well if you aren't outshooting the Revy then no real point in getting a halo or warp. But yes their is a BIG difference. The halo-b is ~25BPS the warp is ~16bps(i think) There is also the eVolution(~17 bps) from VL but a lot of people have problems with the shells breaking on those.

paint magnet
02-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Um, is it just me or did y'all kind of hijack this thread? Eh, it's not like there aren't 10,000 other ones so whatever...

Anyway, I'll continue to buy and use existing SP stuff...(which of course doesn't earn them anything) but I will not be buying any new products.

*captain_cox*37
02-20-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by paint magnet
Um, is it just me or did y'all kind of hijack this thread? Eh, it's not like there aren't 10,000 other ones so whatever...

Anyway, I'll continue to buy and use existing SP stuff...(which of course doesn't earn them anything) but I will not be buying any new products.

Yeah total hijack. ;) Yeah I would prolly take a shocker or something if I got the chance but wouldnt buy one new.