PDA

View Full Version : I feel silly sometimes.

Ken
02-19-2004, 12:47 PM
I was going to match some paint to the bore of my barrell, I begin to twist and pull (automag) after some struggle, I put the gun between my knees and after a few minutes the barrell comes off the gun like a bat out of hell and screams , ''KEN'S NOSE!'' The barrell hit me right in the piece of cartiledge that divides my nostrils and left me in tears and with a good sized cut in my left nostril.

After taking the gun apart, I get the barrell off and I hear clink, clink, parts hitting the rail. '****.' I pick up bits off the on/off and hear another clink and rolling, this was the on/off pin hitting the ground and rolling. I piece the gun back together and remember of someone having their mag on full auto because of the pin being upside down. I assemble it , screw in the knob, pull the trigger, brrrrrrrup, brrrrrrrrup. '****.' At this point in time I'm really sleepy and I correct my mistake by putting the on/off pin rightside up and assemble the gun, turn the knob and hear the ever quiet thwoop, thwoop. SUCCESS IS MINE!

After such shennagins, I'm left with a cut and my dignity , guess I really need to replace that barrell's huge O-rings huh?

Night,
Ken

Load SM5
02-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Yea might want to get some different orings, or maybe a ULE body. Twist lock may be bad for your health.;)

Ken
02-19-2004, 01:16 PM
I think that there is something wrong with the body, can I get it replaced?

Load SM5
02-19-2004, 02:29 PM
What's wrong with it?

RoadDawg
02-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Maybe your front frame screw is in to far and rubbing on the barrel. I've almost done that a couple times.

gibby
02-19-2004, 02:44 PM
^^^ That or the twist lock assembly might not be pushed down all the way?

lbonettosd
02-19-2004, 03:40 PM
I had the same issues with my twist lock barrel (less the injuries). It was remedied by replacing the front frame screw with a slighty shorter one. But you could always go to a hardware store and get some flat nylon, or neoprene, washers. Installing the washers will do the same thing as installing a shorter screw.

paint magnet
02-19-2004, 06:07 PM
The only problem I've ever had with twist lock was solved by putting a washer on the frame screw. Stick your finger into the main body, and push down on the twistlock assy. It should be firm but move up and down easily. Feel around the inside of the body, and it should be smooth. If you can feel the frame screw sticking up into the body then that is likely your problem and you will need to replace it with a shorter one, add a washer, or file the screw down to a shorter length. Good luck ;)

*edit* As mentioned above :cool:

dansim
02-19-2004, 09:03 PM
what kinda barrel if it was the old steel boomstick, or an all steel barrel, your lucky your not in a coma;)