PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mag Trigger Pull

trains are bad
02-19-2004, 03:05 PM
What is the trigger pull like on a classic Mag? Also, I heard it's possible to short stroke one. How big of a problem is that? What kind of BPS could a Mag single trigger do?

Mr.mike
02-19-2004, 03:33 PM
A classic mag can only shoot about 10 bps, and yes you can short stroke them. and to me the trigger pull is like maybe 4-5 lbs. but im not good with determining weights at all:(

trains are bad
02-19-2004, 03:43 PM
10bps is enough. I don't know if you mean that's how many the mag can handle without shootdown. But I'm concerned with how many BPS a shooter on a single trigger could do during play. If it's a fast mech trigger or not.

Mr.mike
02-19-2004, 04:02 PM
you should be able to do about 6-8

trains are bad
02-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Sounds good. I have a 98c with slack remover screws right now and am fairly happy with the speed. About the only thing I can think to make it better would be an E-trigger, and they are all double triggers.

AGDlover
02-19-2004, 07:50 PM
on my mag when i was runnin single trigger i got 8bps max

angelbeast24
02-22-2004, 07:50 PM
back when i use to own my classic i got a intelliframe for it was the best upgrades beside lx of course makes for a smother pull n faster

trains are bad
02-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Is the inteliframe not double triggered? This thread deals with single triggers.

tonybhall
02-23-2004, 07:13 AM
Hey TRB

When I had a classic Mag I usually could get 6 bps just messing around but I am sure I could get more in a game situation with all the adrenalin(sp) pumping. So I would say 8 bps is probably the max. Plus that is always the number that I have heard associated with a classic. The trigger pull is around 3 lbs, I believe.

By the way, you can get the ULT (Ultra light trigger pull kit) for around $40 bucks. They are super easy to install and will drop your trigger pull to somewhere around or below 15 oz. I have one and I love it. It's almost electro light. I can actually walk the trigger with a double trigger. With a ULT you should be able to double your ROF.

So, why don't you like double triggers. They also increase you ROF if that is what you are looking for. Just wondering.

Bryan

trains are bad
02-23-2004, 07:19 AM
I don't think the ULT will work in a classic. I do not like double triggers because I cannot use them effectively. When I shoot them I can't get anymore speed without hurting my accuracy. So I stick with my consistent firm regular grip.

Bad_Dog
02-23-2004, 11:47 PM
I don't think the ULT will work in a classic
:)

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110976

and heres a direct link to a video of me dryfiring silentdeath55's and my ULT'd classics...

http://paintball.thecauseys.com/ULTvid.WMV

it works great... just a little while ago I measured my pull from the tip of my trigger (intelliframe)... 4.7oz