PDA

View Full Version : Computer guys, I need you...

xrancid_milkx
02-20-2004, 03:51 AM
Ok, I have been battling this program called "ad-Shooter" for the past 3 months. It constantly keeps spamming my computer with ads about getting rid of adware and spyware, which is what I've established this program is (I know, it confuses me also).

How do I get rid of it? I did a search and found the homepage fo rthe program and there is a "supposed" uninstall program you can download and uninstall the program. I did this the first two times I found it on my computer, and now I'm thinking I made a huge mistake.

Is there anything I can do? Or did I permanently install adware/spyware on my computer?

Also, I have AVG virus scanner and Ad-Aware 6.0 on my computer, are those truly helpful, or just as bad as ad-shooter?

Help would be extremely appreciated.

slushee
02-20-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by xrancid_milkx
Also, I have AVG virus scanner and Ad-Aware 6.0 on my computer, are those truly helpful, or just as bad as ad-shooter?

Both those programs are actually good for you. I would also install Spybot search and destroy. It picks up what AdAware misses.

I'll do some research about your "ad shooter" and see what I can come up with.

** edit **
I came up with this in about 30 seconds..
http://computercops.biz/postt10928.html

I'll see if I can find anything that looks easier..

Seems as though Ad Aware 6.181 update has the clean for Ad Shooter as well .. make sure you update your Ad Aware before you run it again.

lmk if this fixes it

sps16
02-20-2004, 09:30 AM
ad ware us very good, thats the only thing i will use :)

xrancid_milkx
02-20-2004, 02:18 PM
I updated my ad aware by getting a new reference file? Whatever that is....:rolleyes:

Anyway, it picked up adshooter when I scanned it this time. So hopefully this will be the last I see of it, thanks guys for your help :D

mbyankee10
02-20-2004, 08:46 PM
it free and works really well