PDA

View Full Version : Problems with X-valve trigger kick

rav3nware
02-20-2004, 07:20 AM
I'm shooting a Pro-Team Products MicroMag body with a benchmark double-trigger frame, benchmark expansion foregrip, and an X-valve. Ever since I got the X-valve, I've noticed it really doesn't have the kind of performance I was expecting. The trigger does have a little kick to it, but compared to a friend's RT Mag it's not even noticeable. What can I do to get better retro performance out of my X-valve?

A) Will the expansion grip affect the air flow going into my valve? (I.E. should I connect my air source directly to the valve, or is running it through the grip not going to make a difference?)

B) I've heard that getting an adjustable nitro system can help... do I need to make the investment or is there a preset system I can get the same performance out of.

If anyone has any tips beyond those two questions that could solve my problem, obviously they'd be welcome advice too. Oh, and one last question on a side note: about how long should it take for the O-rings on my Lv10 to break in? I've shot at least 2 cases' worth of paint through the gun since I got the upgrade and the valve still hisses off and on.

Thanks.

Joni
02-20-2004, 08:54 AM
I can answer the lvlX question: Two cases should be more than enough. Mine broke in with less than one case, so if you have a carrier leak, go down one carrier size, and if you have a shim leak, remove one shim.

lbonettosd
02-20-2004, 09:59 AM
Z-mans got a new website here's a link that may help you out.
http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/how-to-rapidfire.html

rav3nware
02-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I figured it should have broken in by now. The problem is, though, that if I go down one more carrier the marker won't even fire. How do I know if it is a shim leak?

Eric Cartman
02-20-2004, 04:38 PM
A) Will the expansion grip affect the air flow going into my valve? (I.E. should I connect my air source directly to the valve, or is running it through the grip not going to make a difference?)

Give it a try. The expansion chamber could very well be choking off your air supply, I've heard that a few people just use them as foregrips and that some of them can be gutted so you can just use it as a gas through grip that won't restrict your air flow. The best way to check will be to run the air straight to the valve and see what difference that makes, especially when rapid firing fro longer strings.
I made the switch to an adjustable reg, but I think that the main thing is the flow rate. If you get a good 850 psi preset with good flow, you should experience a fair bit of reactivity. I have no experience with the double trigger Benchmark frame, but my brother's single trigger Benchmark frame seemed to reduce the kick quite a bit. When he switched to an intelliframe, the reactivity was far more noticeable.

Good luck!

RRfireblade
02-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by rav3nware

B) I've heard that getting an adjustable nitro system can help... do I need to make the investment or is there a preset system I can get the same performance out of.

I've shot at least 2 cases' worth of paint through the gun since I got the upgrade and the valve still hisses off and on.

Thanks.

Shortest path is your best bet but will likely not make a very big difference. 800-850 out of a preset is enoughfor good reactivity,make sure your tanks putting out that much.Many presets vary quite abit on actual output psi.

After that,on a Micromag,they often require a shorter than AGD on/off pin.You can order them from AGD in various sizes and see if a shorter one gets you were you want to be.The on/off CAN be made shorter but I would not recommend that be done by anyone who's not skilled in the adjustment.It's an extremely minute adjustment and can cause more probs if not accurately done.

As for the LX, "Hisses on and off" from where specifically?

Jay.

rav3nware
02-20-2004, 06:17 PM
I hear hissing in the valve from time to time, usually when I air it up for the first time that day or during particularly heavy action (i.e. lots of firing going on). Holding the trigger slightly will usually lessen it, and I've found that smacking the back of my gun with my hand usually makes the hissing stop

RRfireblade
02-20-2004, 06:25 PM
If it's leaking down the barrel,it's a carrier leak.If it's real minor,I probably wouldn't worry anout it to much till it's get worse or constant.Then try a smaller carrier w/ the o-ring that's in it now.If it's leaking "inside" it could an On/Off o-ring,which should be fixed before it gets worse.Try the smaller bottom o-ring.