PDA

View Full Version : macroline vs. microline

yourBFHD
02-20-2004, 08:42 AM
what is the difference between macroline and microline?

Joni
02-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Microline is thinner, so macroline has better flow

lbonettosd
02-20-2004, 10:18 AM
This is what I understand to be the use/difference between the two. Micro should be used for "low pressure" guns (LP= guns whos operating pressure is around 500psi) that don't require a lot of air flow to the valve. Macro should be used on "high pressure" guns (HP= guns whos operating pressure is around 800psi) and require a higher air flow rate. But your best bet is to stick with the stainless steel lines with a little heat shrink tubing around them. Yea they're a little more work but they can hold up to a lot more abuse.

Joni
02-20-2004, 10:33 AM
That sounds a little strange. Lower pressure gives lower flowrate, so that means you would want a larger hose id for lower pressure. I would say that microline is always a bad idea.

lbonettosd
02-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Unlike high pressure valves, low pressure valves do not require large volumes of air to operate.- Ex. take a Low Pressure HPA tank and hook it up to a mag or spider, whats going to happen? severe shootdown perhaps, gun malfunctions? Now take that same tank and hook it up to a cocker and that gun fires fine. Pressure is a contributing factor of air flow, but you can't over look the way in which you get the air there (the hoses). Now without the air flow some guns will not be able to recharge the valve fast enough to function.

My experience has come from the irrigation field (as wierd as it may seem), (these are approximations)at 50 psi you can get 6 gallons per minute (GPM) out of 1/2" pvc pipe. If you were to boost the inlet pressure up to 80 psi you can get 7 GPM out of that same 1/2" pipe. But if you take it up to 120 psi you'll end up dropping the GPM's to 5 (or so). Friction and turbulance play a major role here, but the point I'm trying to make is that the ID of hoses and pipe all have an optimal operating range. This is why micro works better for LP and macro for HP.

RRfireblade
02-20-2004, 07:02 PM
what is the difference between macroline and microline?

I.D. and operating pressures.

Simply,don't use micro on any paintgun.It's restrictive and poorly suited for that use.

Even Macro in most cases is under rated for paintball applications.There are very few brands of Macro that are technically "safe" for paintgun pressures,you have to look carefully to find those that are.Parker Paraflex for instance is pretty close,there are a couple others.

rmhawk
02-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Click Here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118936) for some good safe macro

:D