PDA

View Full Version : Skyballs turnout, 110 teams....

nerobro
02-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Last year there were three hundred teams. This year, a mere 110 or so. (given some last minute signups) 41 rookie, 48 novice, 18 am.

This is disapointing for what is supposed to be the seccond biggest ameatur event in paintball.

We're only a week away from the begining of play.

I'm playing for PPIG, I"ll see ya guys there.

Deep Sixx
02-20-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm reffing... try not to shoot me too much!

sixx

Torbo
02-20-2004, 04:38 PM
i am playing rookie with Revive

titan aresta
02-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Nero, last year 209 teams showed up to play.

This year is about half of that, but given the hike in pricing XO will probably make about the same amount in revenue from registrations as Zap did last year. The big loss is in paint sales. Unless people play twice as many games as last year, there is no way that XO will be happy with the results. They do say that Skyball is for the players and to show off a great Canadian tournament, but it looks like this year will be an even greater financial disaster that all the other years.
Right now I'm wondering if there will be another Skyball after this one.

SlartyBartFast
02-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by titan aresta
They do say that Skyball is for the players and to show off a great Canadian tournament, but it looks like this year will be an even greater financial disaster that all the other years.

Seems to me it's just too expensive. I've been thinking an event in Montreal at the Olympic Stadium could be a really interesting alternative to Skyball.

One way to reduce the overall cost would be to pair up with one of the many exhibitions taht are held there every year.

Two that might be a good match are the custom car show (as the "image" is a good match and they only occupy half the playing surface) or the outdoors show.

Does it cost anything to get into Skyball as a spectator? My brother lives in T.O. so maybe I could make the trip...

nerobro
02-20-2004, 05:23 PM
Okey, so still 209. I think they just priced themselves out of a tourny.

At the previous prices, they could afford more, and do more. And make more money. Despite the $100 hike, their profits can only go down.

I can't comprehend the string of mistakes that has been the skyball franchise.

fire1811
02-20-2004, 07:25 PM
i believe it was 300 teams the year before nerobro

took first last year and we are not returning

price is just to high
and for the price of a case of paint its just not worth it. especially since the paint is of unknow quality.