PDA

View Full Version : 12V Revvy Idea

purplemag
02-20-2004, 03:29 PM
I was cleaning my 12V revy today and had an idea of sorts...ok there are upgrades you can get for the impellar. These just concentrate on agitating the balls in half of the loader. What if you designed some weird hoop to extend off the impellar to twist or move so as to agitate the balls stuck near the back(other half) of the loader? Something that would not get in the way to much of loading? Basically a dual impellar that comes of of the original one?

Anyone with some ideas for a rvy or speeding it up, please please post!!!

68magOwner
02-20-2004, 03:33 PM
you could actually just set up a pully system that goes across and spins the other one, but you would have to put in a extra spinner (dosent have to have impellar on it) just to keep the bands or whatever you use from going over the feedneck

purplemag
02-20-2004, 03:44 PM
I can't picture how the pulley would not get in the way of the balls feeding?

RRfireblade
02-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by purplemag

Anyone with some ideas for a rvy or speeding it up, please please post!!!

You only need to clear jams near the feed neck,and unfortunatly it's only feeding based on the effects of gravity so your pretty much done after that.:)Intellifeed is your only moderate improvement after that.

The Ricochet is probably the next step(intellifed by design),then the new Apache(modified gravity),then an Egg2(partially forced),then a Halo,Qloader(fully forced).

That'll get you into the upper 20s at least.

Jay.

SlartyBartFast
02-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
You only need to clear jams near the feed neck,and unfortunatly it's only feeding based on the effects of gravity so your pretty much done after that.:)Intellifeed is your only moderate improvement after that.

Too true. But even intellifeed only let's you get closer to the limits of gravity feed (11.5bps with occasional 13 bps).

WARPIG proved it. But who in paintball listens to reason and good science?;)

RRfireblade
02-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by SlartyBartFast

Too true. But even intellifeed only let's you get closer to the limits of gravity feed (11.5bps with occasional 13 bps).

WARPIG proved it. But who in paintball listens to reason and good science?;)

Which is why I had stated that intellifeed is your only moderate improvement over a stock X Rev. ;)

FreakBaller12
02-20-2004, 05:49 PM
for the pully aroudn the feedtube, it coudl jsut wrap aroudn it. picture a rubber band and your finger. put ur finger throught the rubber bands, the pulley would just wrap around the feedneck.

purplemag
02-20-2004, 06:02 PM
I see about the pulley...I have a Halo B, but remember Jay we had discussed that the Micro E-mag ball detents are not strong enough for the force of the Halo. Just wanted to post about the Revvy, see if there were any other ideas!
Anyone put a new paddle impellar in the revvy? Does it seem to help?

RRfireblade
02-20-2004, 06:16 PM
The up curved impeller is the best option and is stock on new Revs if you don't already have it.Your just never going to get reliable feeding from a gravity fed hopper above 10bps.

Jay.

And yeah,I'm still waiting for you to ship it to me.;)

-=Squid=-
02-20-2004, 06:24 PM
anyone think it would be possible to take an egg drive cone, board, and basically the internals, and somehow rig it into revvy shells? :confused: Obviously it wouldnt be simple, but a lot of people like the revvy look.

RRfireblade
02-20-2004, 06:30 PM
No.;)

Only 'cause it a wide set up and would require the internal "ramp" as well,which would cut the capacity down to half or less I would say.

At one time people thought Revys were ugly too.:) (I still do)

FreakBaller12
02-20-2004, 07:08 PM
let's face it, i dont think hoppers will ever be good looking, sure some look nice and some look down right fugly. But peopel want hopper's to be milled and crap like a gun, aint gonna happen.

RRfireblade
02-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
let's face it, i dont think hoppers will ever be good looking, sure some look nice and some look down right fugly. But peopel want hopper's to be milled and crap like a gun, aint gonna happen.

Shhhssshh.

It's ready yet,but here's a preview.It's new hopper prototype.;)

http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/images/products/p45-4.jpg