PDA

View Full Version : All Girl Day at my local field

Rope a Dope
02-20-2004, 05:03 PM
http://www.valleythunder.com/images/allgirlday.jpg

February 29th (on a Sunday)

Gonna be an awesome day!

Basically, it's a way to get more female players into the sport. The idea was conceived by the captain of an all girl team called "Girl on Girl". Her team and The Bunker Babes are going to be out there, as well as:

THE Bea Youngs!!
Mommas Boys will be doing a seminar
Paint Magazine
Action Pursuit Games Magazine
Palmers Pursuit Shop will be setting up a booth, pretty sure Craig and Glen will be out there.

There will be a swap meet, lots of food, huge BBQ's setup and much more.

All women play for free, if they are renting it is only $10 to rent.

EVERYONE is welcomed!

It's at Valley Thunder Paintball Park, some of you may know it such as SteelRat and Eatem Alive play there as well. It's going to be a fun day!

Valley Thunder is in Galt California, Northern/Central part of CA. Website at http://www.valleythunder.com/

More info about All Girl Day here: http://www.valleythunder.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

I hope to see some AO'ers out there! I'll be there with my ULE E-Mag although I'll probably be busy helping out with everything. Hopefully I'll be able to jump in for a few games. :)

Rope a Dope
02-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Last night some of you had some "opinions" about having an all girl day at a field in the AO chat room. Some said the field was "cashing in" and women are smart enough to find the sport of paintball on their own.

Just for the record it was a female player who came up with the idea and has done a lot of hard work to organize it.

That's Allison on the right who came up with this event and her teammate:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pe5c4bb1bb9e69c140a094953dc3b3c0b/fab91ca6.jpg

..and the cartoon version, lol

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p99009a3f69baf9eddbfa5f0f1f1e31f2/fabdc048.jpg

Brophog
02-20-2004, 05:36 PM
If only I were single and living in California.....:) ;) :)

SpongeBobSquarePants
02-20-2004, 06:06 PM
I bet more guys show up then girls:rolleyes:

Blazingace
02-20-2004, 06:09 PM
One of my dreams just came true. Now to meet some of them.:D

Eatem Alive
02-20-2004, 06:10 PM
oh yeah...my wife has been practicing for this. she's gettin pretty good too. she'll be shooting her (actually mine)red ule/x-valved/red logic rail and framed mag. can't wait for the husbands vs. the wifes.

Rope a Dope
02-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
I bet more guys show up then girls:rolleyes:

I bet so to since there is gonna be A LOT of people, even with two all female teams and free entry for women there is gonna be more guys, this will not be a small event. The parking lot had been expanded just for this event as well as extra bathrooms put in. Every ref at Valley Thunder will be reffing that day as well as another team that will be there just to ref.

With Bea Youngs and Palmers being there it will draw a lot of people. Hopefully some bring their girlfriends, wives and daughters with them so they can see paintball isn't an all boys club.

Lee
02-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Brophog
If only I were single and living in California.....:) ;) :)

i'm happily divorced and am packing right now.....

Rope a Dope
02-20-2004, 11:26 PM
lol, be sure to get there early then :)

Brophog
02-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Lee

i'm happily divorced and am packing right now.....

ROFL! Don't tempt me! ;)

Mag Master 04
02-21-2004, 12:14 AM
lol dude its gonna turn out to be a huge sausage fest all dudes are gonna show up, that would suk hard but OH WELL if it goes to plan it will rock hard

Rope a Dope
02-21-2004, 06:04 PM
The point is to get more female players into the game and on that say we will have a lot of first time females playing since they will play for free and rent their gear for only $10

To make them feel welcomed, we're having two all girl teams and Bea Youngs there as well as some good food on the BBQ and what not. Plus we're gonna have girls vs. boys, wives vs. husbands type games as well. Gonna be a lot of fun :)

1ofkind
02-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Last timed I played with gurls they didn't seem as umm I dunno what... but heres the story. I saw a nice bunker and jetted into it, and there were 3 kids in it on there knees with there heads between there legs, I looked closer and they were 3 gurls. I was trying to tell em what to do, but they were to scared to even surrender haha. I never saw them again... sad but true story.

1ofkind
02-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Mag Master 04 lol dude its gonna turn out to be a huge sausage fest all dudes are gonna show up, that would suk hard but OH WELL if it goes to plan it will rock hard AHAHA

Eatem Alive
02-21-2004, 09:21 PM
it'll be all good...nor-cal gals can straight up ball.

Rope a Dope
02-21-2004, 11:30 PM
Yeah... I found that out a few Sundays ago when your wife lit me up with your ULE RT.... lol

I've seen plenty of women play paintball and none of them were scared to make moves. There are two regulars that are female and they also referee at Valley Thunder. Check out the gallery at www.valleythunder.com

One time I was playing woodsball and moved to a bunker, there were about 4 girls that were maybe 12 or 13, asked what they had and in valley girl voices "Oh like, one over there, and like, another one is at the of the hill" and she pops out, fires about 10 shots and goes "Ugh! Like, I can't reach him, we should like, move up and stuff." LOL. It was funny to hear them talk to eachother, it was like a normal get together for them. Their Dad's and brothers got them into the sport, I don't know how long they have been playing but they all had their own guns (Spyders).

Mag Master 04
02-21-2004, 11:56 PM
last girl that i remember playing at my local field was fully hot, we ended up not playing the next few rounds and ended up playing around in the back seat of my car...those are the chicks that i like and just so you all know she was the shizzy in the dizzy:D

1ofkind
02-22-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah sureeee mate haha

Mag Master 04
02-22-2004, 10:36 PM
yea i wont go into detail cuz i dont wanna get banned

1ofkind
02-22-2004, 10:48 PM
ha

toolfan62
02-22-2004, 11:18 PM
the mommas boyz will NOT be attendting this event due to a tournament.

Rope a Dope
02-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Their loss. :)

Eatem Alive
02-23-2004, 03:29 PM
i can think of one that's not welcome anyway.

paint magnet
02-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Mag Master 04
last girl that i remember playing at my local field was fully hot, we ended up not playing the next few rounds and ended up playing around in the back seat of my car...those are the chicks that i like and just so you all know she was the shizzy in the dizzy:D

mmmmmkaaaaay. I'm betting it was Pamela Anderson too, who just happened to decide that she would disguise herself and go play paintball. :rolleyes:

MantisMag
02-23-2004, 04:28 PM
haha. last time i was at the field there was this really hot chick looking me over. then i spotted her sister. 16 and heavily pregnant. i decided to back away at that point. :p

Rope a Dope
02-25-2004, 02:09 AM
So, anyone from AO going to this event?!?

Don't make Bea Youngs sad by not going!

Steelrat
02-25-2004, 02:18 AM
I'll go if Bea will babysit my kids.

Rope a Dope
02-25-2004, 02:40 AM
Damn, there was talks about having some little blow up castle for the kids and stuff.. don't think that will happen.

Steel! Ya just GOTTA find a way to make it!