PDA

View Full Version : best way to glue foam back on your mask

thecavemankevin
02-20-2004, 05:11 PM
I have a raven nuvis mask that i personally think is the best mask (for me) out there.

my only complaint is that the damn foam wont stay one very well. I have tried some rubber cements and stuff, with no avail. Anyone ever try super glue?

any other glues work well?

RRfireblade
02-20-2004, 05:25 PM
No super glue,it'll just eat the foam.

Contact cement should do it.

http://www.usahardware.com/products/manufacturers/images/a1225075.gif

Or something similar.

FallNAngel
02-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin
my only complaint is that the damn foam wont stay one very well. I have tried some rubber cements and stuff, with no avail. Anyone ever try super glue?

I loved my Raven NVX until that happened... I couldn't get the foam to stick either, so I called Raven, got a new piece of foam, stuck it on the mask and sold it.

ERut
02-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Super glue works fine,actually better than what the company usues to put it on in th first place.

joker4hire
02-20-2004, 06:14 PM
I use amazing goo for plastic parts on my car... and after 2 years, it's still holding strong.

-=Squid=-
02-20-2004, 06:21 PM
JB weld. :)

I use it to fix everything I break, yes even cloth. It works great on everything. It just smells like crap (literally) at first.

thecavemankevin
02-20-2004, 07:26 PM
well, i just tried some super glue and it DID NOT eat the foam. So, so far so good....give yall a status update after i play tomorrow

RRfireblade
02-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin
well, i just tried some super glue and it DID NOT eat the foam. So, so far so good....give yall a status update after i play tomorrow

:eek:

Oh well,good for you then.Must be different foam then the last one I saw super glued.