PDA

View Full Version : Well Magman the gun whore is at it again!

magman007
02-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Well, its time, time for me to get another new gun. Ive been looking at the dm4, and im pretty sure thats what im going to get, so if you have heard any thing bad about them, let me know.

Ive also been considering the empire or alias timmy, now, they are another timmy, and while manike has done alot to them, to make them better than ever before, im not sure if im willing to go this rout. I know if i get the dm4 i can trade for one of these.

Now, about the dm4, im wondering if i should just wait for more crap to come out? you know that nyx will release one, so will toxic, and before the year is up, i bet that there will be a new dm4 with an lcd in it.

Let me tell you, im tired of not having any damn resale to my guns, that is why i want a dm4, but im worried that some new stuff will come out soon, shooting my resale again.

lets recap the guns ive had, and we will see.

Spyder shutter
Classic mag
rt pro
Kapp cocker
Phantom
e-mag
sfl emag
toxic matrix
angel speed

thats all i have owned, i loved the trix the most, which is why i think the dm 4 is for me, but the timmies are nice, and will hold their resale for a while, unless something comes out mid year and kills the resale again

also, vikings are nice so yea

ramennoodles
02-20-2004, 06:32 PM
for the longest time i thought your sig pic said magmanoot. DM4

Rope a Dope
02-20-2004, 06:39 PM
http://www.potatoboy.net/users/funkmunky/DM4Pwned-2.JPG

:D

tony3
02-20-2004, 06:43 PM
After comparing a dm4 to an alias head to head, they both rock. I personally thought the black to blue gloss alias looked way better then the black to blue dust dm4. Not to mention the timmy had a much better feel to it. Both guns were extremely fast, didn't break paint, and were accurate. I just trust timmys more then I do matrices, just my opinion. If you get a dm4 or alias you are getting a great gun no matter what.

JuggaloDave
02-20-2004, 06:48 PM
if you have a toxic trix, and you like it, why not keep it, and not buy another gun? i dont know, it dont make sense to me to buy a gun just cause, but hay, im poor, what do i know. and i dout any timmy will hold any resale, being as there is a new one erey month, and you are prity much buying the flavor of the month on those, cause they all work the same.

plus, the dm4 is god awfully ugly, i have takin sexier poops

edweird
02-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Hey bill ya could buy your SFL back...

NOT! /Muhahahahahahaha

FallNAngel
02-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Well, there's only one thing to do... get a marker that can't decrease in value. You should get a Talon.. they're not worth anything and never will be. Sounds perfect :D

tony3
02-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by JuggaloDave
i dout any timmy will hold any resale, being as there is a new one erey month, and you are prity much buying the flavor of the month on those, cause they all work the same.
plus, the dm4 is god awfully ugly, i have takin sexier poops

Have you seen a dm4 in person or shot one? They look sooo much better in person. Also about timmys not holding resale, thats completely wrong. Why do you think layosa's are selling on pbn for 1k when they are 1150 new? Timmys have awesome resale even with lots of newer ones coming out.

magman007
02-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Hmm, you see, i dont have the toxic any more, i sold it for the speed.

Ed, im glad you are enjoyin her, but im not really in the mood for a nother mag, you know?

Well, its up to the alias and the dm4 now.I think il go with the dm4, and if i dont like it for some reason, i can always trade it right?

Wc Keep
02-20-2004, 08:01 PM
bill get a viking if you dont go agd.

magman007
02-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Well, im considering a viking as i said, but now that aka is fighting, who knows how long they will be around for?

Wc Keep
02-20-2004, 08:06 PM
the aka guns are awesome. and its nice how you keep in touch with people.

02-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Alias!! You've already owned a matrix in the true sprit of the gun whore you should try something new each time. Plus there will probably be new DM4s coming out to mess up your resale. Ohh its deadloacked 3 3 3

JuggaloDave
02-20-2004, 08:12 PM
yes, i have seen one(dm4) in person, and it was still nasty, shot it, ands it isnt much differant than the old ones, and i like the ones alot. i dont think that the lasoya timmy will resale as well in 6-12 months though, they are like the spyders of the high end world imo. ohwell, it dont matter, just seems funny to me that one would buy a gun based on resale value anyway. i would say wait it out for a matrix made from toxic or something though, they will probaly fix whatever dye screwed up plus what you said about the lcd and what not

Athius
02-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Why dont u wait for the FreeStyle from ICD?

There havent been much information released about it but i think next month ICD will make a press release. For what i have heard is a completely new design.

1stdeadeye
02-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Okay, so who had less then 6 months with the Apeed in the pool?;)

DM4 looks nice. Tuna is a Dye dealer, shoot him a PM, maybe he can get you a decent price.

magman007
02-20-2004, 08:48 PM
well, you all see, the thing is, i loved my trix, with a passion, but once the dm4 came out, resale died.

Buying a gun on resale, i think is a valid point. I dont want to sink money into a gun like i did with my speed, and see it plumit, and only sell for 100 more than an old lcd.

I want a gun, that i like, that will stay true to value for a lil while. My speed was awesome, i wont deny it, but if i held onto it much longer, then hell, i would be loosing even more money. Not smart business.

Keep, im sorry i havnt kept in touch! its been hard with school etc.

BTW the speed is gone as well, and i plan to purchase by march, i need something for the season, atleast for the most part.

timmies are cool, but i still think il see what happens with the dm4, i can always toss it after IAO if something new and radical is out! lol

hobbesTZ
02-20-2004, 11:02 PM
I'm on my 23rd marker, and this time around I went with an eblade 'cocker :D

Kevmaster
02-20-2004, 11:08 PM
I abstain....

there is no AGD or BE representation listed there...I cant vote

Torbo
02-20-2004, 11:47 PM
alias.....nothing is faster...and its light and cool and small and a ton of other cool things

JesseB
02-21-2004, 01:15 AM
DM4....saw one outshoot a freaking halo b w/ rip drive

or isnt there a new toxic coming out on the dm4's platform??

Steelrat
02-21-2004, 01:37 AM
PLEASE PEOPLE! All high end guns are equally fast. The real differences are looks, efficiency, reliability, and build quality. IMHO the viking is the best gun in 3 out of 4 of these categories, and the milled ones come in close on #4. However, the "feel" of a gun is important, and one of the reasons I enjoy shooting eblades.

DM4s and Alias have good resales right now because of demand. Once demand dies down, and the hype spotlight shifts, resales will adjust to a more reasonable level. There are exceptions to this rule, such as ripper timmys, but they are rare exceptions.

Lord_Whoopass
02-21-2004, 04:53 AM
Nice aftermarket Viking w/ Eyes... such as the immortal... I have seen and shot a DM4 and a couple different timmies, they are nice but I like my Viking alot better...

Rope a Dope
02-21-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by JesseB
DM4....saw one outshoot a freaking halo b w/ rip drive

Yeah cause the rip drive makes it feed like 34 times faster!!!!!!! Feel the burn!

meh.. I outshoot my Halo with my E-Mag when I get into a long string. CHUFF!

magman007
02-21-2004, 09:50 PM
well, any more criticism or ideas? or am i just gunna stick with the dm4 ;)