PDA

View Full Version : need mask input from y'all

JuggaloDave
02-20-2004, 06:39 PM
alright, i need to buy me a mask next, need your guys input. i gotta wear glasses so keep that in mind, one mask inparticulari wanna hear about are the raven nvx masks. i want to hear ppl who have used the masks more than twice, which is why i am looking here, half the ppl on pbreveiw make the reveiw after using for a day so it is a little inaccurate lol

angelbeast24
02-20-2004, 06:42 PM
the nvx is soo huge it makes it look like ur an alein. get either a flex or invision

FreakBaller12
02-20-2004, 06:52 PM
grab a spectra or flex 7 and slap a fan on that thing. You'll be fine.
for glasses i wouldn't go with the invision because fans are probably like 50 dollars. You want a fan if you wear glasses though, more than likely.

the_next_guy_
02-20-2004, 07:10 PM
I have a flex 7 and wear glasses with it sometimes. I havn't had any problems with fogging or compromised any comfort.

JuggaloDave
02-20-2004, 07:11 PM
invision wont work with glasses, i bout one, and had to return it cause the lense is to close to your face. i had a proteus without fan, and i nvr had a problem, a lil anti-fog spray works just as well, and i can just use that at the feild for free.

bleachit
02-20-2004, 07:12 PM
I am not sure how well they work with glasses on, sorry, but the V force line is great when it comes to not fogging. I would suggest you take a look into those.

GA Devil
02-20-2004, 07:13 PM
I wear glasses myself and the best masks I have found are the Vforce Morph and Profiler. I have the shield, morph and profiler and love them all.

Remington
02-20-2004, 07:22 PM
If you wear glasses any of the Vforce masks is what will fit best. I have a Profiler and it is by far the best mask I have ever owned!

Skoad
02-20-2004, 07:31 PM
well i just got a flex 7, played with it a day with my glasses and found that the corners of the frames have scratched the inside of my lens on both sides.

with contacts they are great :)

02-20-2004, 08:14 PM
The profiler is a good glasses mask.

RT pRo AuToMaG
02-20-2004, 09:15 PM
The invision is great if you don't have glasses, but with glasses it is a huge problem. My cousin wears glasses and he can barely even get his mask on his head with them on. I've heard the Vforce masks were good for people with glasses.

verruckt
02-20-2004, 10:22 PM
VForce - Morph or Profiler. I own both, and they work great with glasses. They are also very comfortable.

Meph
02-20-2004, 10:26 PM
I have 2 masks. JT Proteus and Vforce Profiler.

Both are great masks, and either one you will be fine with glasses. They both have plenty of room in the lens to accomidate.

Big_Chops
02-20-2004, 11:14 PM
no if's and's or but's about it. flex 7 all the way. you will never go wrong.

angelbeast24
02-23-2004, 04:31 PM
orginal posted by toyota boy grab a spectra or flex 7 and slap a fan on that thing. You'll be fine.

you dont need a fan seth as long as you have thermal lenses ur more than good;)

logamus
02-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by angelbeast24

you dont need a fan seth as long as you have thermal lenses ur more than good;)

the fan is mostly to keep the glasses clear, not so much the lense. my vote is for the vforce morph/profiler. the morph is cheaper and uses the same lenses. imho they are the best masks out there, my flex just sits in my gear bag.

angelbeast24
02-23-2004, 04:46 PM
log u dont need a fan my teamate plays with his glasses in a flex7 and its fine

Sparq
02-23-2004, 05:34 PM
I've been using an NVX since last summer. They do look a little wide from the front, but the profile is good at any angle other than head on. I used to wear glasses with them, no problem. The foam is extremely comfortable, but unfortunately the glue used to hold it on to the mask sucks...it started peeling around the nose after a few days of play. Some foam silicone fixed it right up. The self tinting lenses do work as advertised, but don't tint dark enough to help if the sun is in your eyes. Peripheral vision and view clarity are excellent. I have heard complaints that the front of the mask touches the user's nose...It does happen to me from time to time but I don't really consider it a problem. After a few seconds I don't notice it any more anyway. I have never seen a trace of fog on this mask, but I don't tend to fog much anyway. Overall I'd say it is a good mask...but it's not for everyone. Try before you buy if possible.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/NVX.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/SMTbg2/me.jpg
Oh yeah...and it's rare enough to stand out, even without the goggleskins I love so much :D

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
02-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Since you wear glasses...I'd suggest the profilers from v-foce. There appears to be a lot of room in them for glasses.

Eagle
02-23-2004, 08:22 PM
I wear glasses and I swear by the Raven Nuvis. Everyone I've talked to who's tried the ravens love them

Sparq
02-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Eagle
I wear glasses and I swear by the Raven Nuvis. Everyone I've talked to who's tried the ravens love them

Nuvis is the original incarnation of the newer NVX. I actually ordered a black Nuvis 2.0 and recieved a charcoal NVX when they released the new line.

Evil1
02-24-2004, 03:06 AM
I would say the Spectra system from JT would be your best bet. It is one of the older goggle systems but it is one of the best, especially if your wearing glasses. There is plenty of room between your face and the lens. I think an invision would be totally out of the question if you are wearing glasses.

bunkermaster10
02-24-2004, 03:30 AM
Pro flex mask are freakin great! Just cut that gay lil' strap it comes w/ and it will be great. The things are so light weight.

Only one bad thing has happened w/ it: Mask flew off my face satuday diving into the snake I was like WTF and grabed that sucker off the ground and put it on in like .1 second.

Dryden
02-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Got to agree with the majority of posts above, if you wear glasses get a Spectra based system from JT, either the Flex 7 or nForcer Thermals, then add a fan.

I've never been able to get other goggles I've liked to fit correctly because of the temple joints on the glasses, despite the fact I wear small frames.

I'll also agree with the above, that Invisions were not designed for prescription glasses.

Can't say that I've tried the Ravens, but unless fields regularly have lenses in stock and on hand, you should be cautious with the purchase. For the sake of replacement lenses alone, you can't go wrong with the Spectra. I've seen several of my teammates get burned with the lack of availability of Scott lenses, and in the mid-90s, Vents.

WaStEd TaLeNt
02-24-2004, 10:54 AM
All I can say is that to get a V-Force mask, I wear glasses and I love how comfortable it is. Another awesome thing about the V-forces is that I can get my lens off in about 10 seconds, which makes it very, very easy to clean. But if you can find a place where you can try them on, have at it.

LudavicoSoldier
02-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by WaStEd TaLeNt
All I can say is that to get a V-Force mask, I wear glasses and I love how comfortable it is. Another awesome thing about the V-forces is that I can get my lens off in about 10 seconds, which makes it very, very easy to clean. But if you can find a place where you can try them on, have at it.

I second that. My Morph is uber comphy with or without my glasses. Nice and low profile too!

Cryer
02-24-2004, 01:57 PM
My invision sucks. The lense sucks, its hard to clean and its always cloudy. The foam sucks, its hard and not shaped right. And its heavier than my JT Proflex.

Get the V-force profiler. At first I thought 100 bucks for a mask? But Its faaaar superior to everything Ive tried before.

Evil1
02-28-2004, 01:46 AM
Yeah invisions definitely suck. I was pissed after spending almost 100 bucks on it and not liking it one bit. Now I use my old school thermal spectra that is like 7 years old. Get any type of goggle that uses the spectra system you wont be disappointed.

punkcmonkiez
02-28-2004, 08:40 AM
i am also have glasses and i love my flex but my v force profiler is much better as far as getting over the glasses and it is wayy easier to clean... go flex you cant go wrong, go profiler/ morph you definatly wont be sorry

Jt$uper$tar
02-28-2004, 09:40 AM
The best masks in my opinion(all of them work with my glasses) are flex Or prosheld(Same thing with different bottom) The Proteus and the Dye Invision

Mango
02-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Profilers! Best goggles I've ever owned. (But I do miss my Flex 7's :( )