PDA

View Full Version : Ao Pilots, Come here! Ive Been Accepted!

magman007
02-20-2004, 07:05 PM
IT appears that i will be accepted into Daniel Webster College in Nashua Newhampshire! Im so excited! They have a solid flight regimen, and it is quite impressive. IM so stoked!

Restola? where are you currently enroled?

NTN? where are you going?

Im happy to get into one of my flight schools. I never got to apply to Embry Riddle, nor University of North Dakota, and i resent this fact, but daniel webster has an amazing track record. I still have not heard from Perdue or Kansas State University

shartley
02-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Congratz. :D Of course that means you are in MY neck of the woods. ;) Bring your markers!

magman007
02-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Congratz. :D Of course that means you are in MY neck of the woods. ;) Bring your markers!

*shakes in fear* lol

Sam you know il come up and ball it up with you, where in nh are you?

shartley
02-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by magman007
*shakes in fear* lol

Sam you know il come up and ball it up with you, where in nh are you?
I live in Concord. Most of the fields you would play at up here would be easy enough for me to make it to. I should have some games planned this year anyways. Check on the "events" page on my site (located off of the main page)... or stop in at my forums on mcarterbrown.com. I don't make it over here to AO as much as I used to.

When are you planning on actually being up here?

Restola
02-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Big congrats!

ntn and I are both at Kent state.

And don't worry about Embry Riddle. You'd be paying 2x more for a bachlors degree and your ratings. You'll get your bachlors degree and your ratings at any college, and the airlines don't seem to care (at least no one I've ever talked to). Unless your interviewer is an Embry Riddle alumni, they'll probably agree its overpriced for the same thing :D

But congrats again! And don't give up. It can be frustrating and even tedious at times, but it is 100% rewarding at every major step! You'll love it! And just think about all your buddies sitting through their 5th 1.5 hour power point lecture on some boring aspect of buisness...while you're a mile up enjoying the view :)

magman007
02-20-2004, 10:44 PM
I completely agree lol. I love to fly, and im sure that i will find away to succede. I cant wait. Once i get my private licence, i want to see if i can fly out to Kent and visit you guys.

Or, i might wait till i get my multi :) it will be much faster that way :)

RobAGD
02-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Well I wonder if you will go through planes like you go through guns ? :D

Congrats !

-R

Kevmaster
02-21-2004, 12:58 AM
congrats bill!

magman007
02-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by RobAGD
Well I wonder if you will go through planes like you go through guns ? :D

Congrats !

-R

HAHAHAHA Rob you always bring a smile to my face! lol!

Kev, i appreciate it, thanks!

guys thanks for your support! i really appreciate it!

danheneise
02-21-2004, 04:17 PM
hey that's cool man congrats. I plan on going for at least a pilots license once i get out of high school probably just for leisure, i don't know if i'd want to fly for a living, just seems as a commercial pilot, you're away from home alot, still on my list of things to look into though as this is my last year in high school :D

Kevmaster
02-21-2004, 07:05 PM
yeh, i don't think it would be my lifestyle of choice, but hey, if thast your thing...go for it

Enigma4you
02-21-2004, 11:01 PM
things to say to the flight instuctor

In the air, where is the other plane I saw a min ago?

On landing

DO I get to log the big bounce as two landings?

On the pre flight

IS this bolt I found on the ground at the wheel important?

at anytime, my king flight video saidthat you where wrong about whatever

and never ever ever do what my friend danny did and take off from the taxi way!!
tips
you cannot not be over wheight in a 152 with 2 people and full tanks

always triple checkyour transponder setting
at uncontrolled airports always use the pattern and at night alway always alway do a pass to check for deer and or cars on the runway (lost a very good friend to a deer strike)

David clark is the best

Restola
02-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Enigma4you
David clark is the best
Those headsets rock. Everyone I know has em, and they all work. I bought mine 6 years ago and they still work perfect no matter how many times I drop them, or freeze them, or get them wet (yeah dont give me expensive stuff :))