PDA

View Full Version : what happened to post whoring resulting in post counts getting restarted

fcpchop
02-20-2004, 09:47 PM
I was just wondering, because I have seen hundreds of people post whore constintly. The only times I actually saw people have their post counts restarted is right after cphil made that thread, and the funniest part about that thread is that there was atleast 50 replys that were basicly post whoring saying good job cphil. they totaly defeated the purpose. I saw one person get their count restarted and he didn't even post whore, now all i see is people posting things that have already been posted 5 times in that thread, plus they are always like "lol", or "ya thats a good one". dumb 1 sentence posts like that, I say if you are going to say their counts are going to be restarted, then do it. thats just my opinion :rolleyes:

p8ntball1016
02-20-2004, 09:50 PM
and how is this not post whoring?

fcpchop
02-20-2004, 09:55 PM
apparently you dont know what post whoring is, or maybe I just dont. but I thought that post whoring was dumb replys that were like 3 words long that have absolutely no meaning and are just pointless. this thread was made because i had a question, a leggit question. not a stupid 3 word reply, correct me if Im wrong.

gamarada717
02-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I agree to a certain extent. I think there should be a few "cools" or "lols", but the truth is....unless you have something valuable to say, most people don't care. Think about what you're saying before you post...will people actually care about it? By the way, this will probably be deleted.

Restola
02-20-2004, 10:40 PM
yeah

FooTemps
02-20-2004, 10:47 PM
lol

In response to Restola's comment below...
HELL NO I DON'T! I rarely even post anymore. There's a difference between used to postwhore and currently postwhore. I think you should have noticed I shut up a long time ago.

in response to Restola's response...
oh... okay:p

Restola
02-20-2004, 10:49 PM
footemps always pws.

and i still think they should hide post counts in your profile or something.

oh well

*edit* in response to footemps response to my response. yeah i know...you just replied next...

-=Squid=-
02-21-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
and how is this not post whoring? You have been post whoring a HUGE ammount lately. Yes, you know it.

PyRo
02-21-2004, 12:05 AM
The post whoreing rate has good waaay down since them. I don't average over 100 PPD anymore :(
I think replies like thats cool, or lol are perfectly acceptable to an extent.

pputkowski
02-21-2004, 12:09 AM
http://kosumo.faereal.net/random/beating.jpg

argnot
02-21-2004, 12:26 AM
I like post counts being open cause then I can see how long some one has been with the forum and how active they are. Technicaly isn't there a ban associated with sig sizes......?

fcpchop
02-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Restola
yeah

com on now thats just dumb, you are just being ignorant. that is complete post whoredum in its purest form. its funny how you dont get any thing done to you yet a bunch of other people did. i think they should restart the whole cracking down on the post whores and restart their post counts.

FooTemps
02-21-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by fcpchop

com on now thats just dumb, you are just being ignorant. that is complete post whoredum in its purest form. its funny how you dont get any thing done to you yet a bunch of other people did. i think they should restart the whole cracking down on the post whores and restart their post counts.

wow, do you not understand irony or something?

magking1971
02-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Or like posting your sig more then one time per thread.....
I agree, p8ntball1016 has been going nuts with posting anything, crap or not just to be posting something.

SpongeBobSquarePants
02-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Can I ask one question? Why do you care if other people post whore?

RRfireblade
02-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants

'Cause for some unknown and completely unsubstatiated reason,most people associate post count with credibility.Therefore,when you see people like Pyro and p8ntball1016 racking up post counts with nothing but continuous stream of pointless and useless threads,posts and other items,it throws of that entire theory and seems unfair to those who truly offer usefull info and have less total posts.

I think.;)

Lopy
02-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Cphil was hving a bad week and decided to ban people for even questioning what he did. I got a ban for my sig being to big, and I never even got to see the warning until after he had banned me and I went looking to try and find them. I'm glad all that has stoped, so I'm hoping he's not gonna start enforcing that rule again.

fcpchop
02-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants

i care for a few reasons, one being that i saw a bunch of people both banned and they got their post restarted, and some for not even post whoring. at the time i thought it was dumb to restart post counts, but now it just doesn't seem fair, all i see now is dumb post whoring all over the place and nothing happens to them, plus it is ruining the whole system of looking at peoples post counts and judgeing how active they are and how much of a respected ao user they are. post whoring is ruining that. well i think if they said they were gunna restart post counts then they should live up to their word, that or just dont say you will then dont.

Lopy
02-21-2004, 01:00 PM
hey, I used to have over 700 posts before Cphil had his little fit.

RRfireblade
02-21-2004, 01:34 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82709&pagenumber=4

Post whore exemplified^^^^^^^

Check the last post,that coincidently, brought back a 6 month old thread.:rolleyes: