PDA

View Full Version : Valve backing off Body

Altimas
02-21-2004, 12:16 AM
The problem I am having with my mag is the part of the Valve that is supposed to be right up on the body of the mag is backing up when I shoot it a few times and gas starts leaking out the barrel and my shots are not consitent at all very low fps. If someone has any ideas on what it may be and what I can do to fix it I would be very appreciative.

Automag Specs:
Classic Grey Body,
Shocktech Valve,
13 inch Armson Barrel

Thnx,

LeAlan "Altimas" Carter

Snertz
02-21-2004, 02:37 AM
What Exactly do you mean by part of the valve that is backing up? Do you mean the two halves separating, or the entire valve backing up?

RRfireblade
02-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Are you missing the bushing that goes in the frame to stop that? It's a steel bushing that fits where the field strip screws goes.

Tunaman
02-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Its probably not the rail bushing that is causing the problem. I bet there is no z-lock pin in the back 1/2 of the (shocktech) valve...

Altimas
02-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Yeah its the two halves seperating....and there is no "bushing" on or around the field strip screw that I can see...just the Screw going through Grip and rail into valve... and it does have that little peice that slides into the grove and "sorta" holds it.. but it may be it that is not working.

Altimas
02-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Anyone have any other ideas? hopefully I can get my hands on a Bushing soon... see if that fixes it

RRfireblade
02-22-2004, 11:05 AM
Well, you need to get that bushing in there first.;)

TSalPaintball
02-22-2004, 11:07 AM
So what you are saying is, if you look into the hole where you put the feild strip screw in, if you look inside to you see a copper like sleave inside? Thats the bushing.

Altimas
02-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Rock on guys....went to my local Paintball Field Paintball Quest in McAlla Alabama and Roy the owner hooked me up with a bushing and it fixed it right up! Thank you guys too!!! Really appreciate it!