PDA

View Full Version : Pistol PurchasingHelp

xXHavokXx
02-21-2004, 04:14 AM
My friend and I are in the market for pistols and we are going store to store. Right now ive narrowed it down to:

Glock 17, 19, or 22

H&K USP 40 or 9

Berretta 92FS

These are going to be used for recreational shooting. Which would you pick and why?

breg
02-21-2004, 05:00 AM
The H&K. I don't like the Berrettas, we use them here.

And I just don't like Glocks.

H&K's are damn nice guns, with a good rep.

fire1811
02-21-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by breg
H&K's are damn nice guns, with a good rep.

Hk's are really nice i like them

CasingBill
02-21-2004, 10:18 AM
H&k or Beretta...never liked the feel of the glock

Lopy
02-21-2004, 10:37 AM
so your names xXHavokXx eh?

I don't know if I like the idea of you straight edge freaks having guns:D :p :p (jks)

RRfireblade
02-21-2004, 10:59 AM
HK,no question.

Or Sig Sauer if you haven't checked them out.I prefer it a tad over the HK.

rehme
02-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by CasingBill
H&k or Beretta...never liked the feel of the glock

ditto

Duke of Lawnchair
02-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by xXHavokXx

Glock 17, 19, or 22

H&K USP 40 or 9

Berretta 92FS

Which would you pick and why?

I'd pick the one that fit my hands the best.

With that being said, my pick out of the above listed guns would be the G17 or G22.

Don't sell yourself short to just these choices.

I'd like to add the Sig Sauers to your lineup. They produce fine firearms, but for their price they could've applied a much more robust finish.

OR

How about a well made 1911A1???

By the way, all of the firearms you listed are (in general) well made firearms. You really couldn't go wrong with any of them.

My advice, pick the one that fit your paws the best, the one you shoot the best, the one that looks the best (TO YOU), etc. etc..

Jim

1stdeadeye
02-21-2004, 03:09 PM
I own many firearms and my favorite is my PRE-BAN Glock 17. The high capacity mag is very nice at the range. The gun is also very light and easy to shoot!

oldsoldier
02-21-2004, 05:34 PM
the Glocks and HK USPs are virtually the same thing...large frame autos. Really try out what you want, and see what fits. I own aglock, but have shot damn near every combat pistol made, at one point or another (ok, slight exageration...). It really depends on what feels comfy. Oh, and dont believe the "a 9mm goes through a person, while a .45 hits them like a baseball bat" type of caliber hype. You, in all likelyhood, will never shoot someone. And, on the outside chance you do...a person who is shot, doesnt care what type of bullet it was.
If you get into this long term...you may want to look into relaoding. In the long run, it will save you money.

RRfireblade
02-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
the Glocks and HK USPs are virtually the same thing...large frame autos.

I'm gonna argue that just a bit.Only 'cause the Glock POA is unlike any other handgun.They have their own grip angle which most will find as a love or hate relationship,and the feel being 'unique' and not ergonomic at best.Modifing the grip on a Glock has become a popular service offered by some gunsmiths for those who must carry a Glock despite thier personal preferances.

Definately shoot a Glock before you even consider buying one.FYI, I'm not knocking personal preferance if you like it,it's just.........different.;)

(I don't like it. :))

xXHavokXx
02-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I recently shot the Glock 19 and 19c and liked how both of them operated. In the past ive shot the berretta and the USP at one point or the other. I haent looked to deeply into sigs yet but im still on the look out i think i know someone with one.

I just dont like the 1911....ive felt them on a few occaisions and just didnt care for it.

Ohhh im not sXe... i just like X's. I try to keep the same screen names between boards and things and often must use X's to do so.

RRfireblade
02-21-2004, 06:54 PM
What are the handgun laws like in CA?

CasingBill
02-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Dude...I would also check out a kimber. They are extremely sweet. Little pricy though.

Barfly
02-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Get a .454 casull, "The Real Man's Hand Cannon". I don't really like pistols though, would rather buy an assault rifle, an old mauser, or a hunting rifle. A street sweeper would be pretty sweet to get also.