PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best player you have played with or against?

Lord_Whoopass
02-21-2004, 05:50 AM
Just what the title says... The best player I have ever played is prolly Rory L. team captain of Insolence... He has a great personality and is one of the most versitile players I have seen on the field... He also leads his team very well... So who is yours and why? just curious...

G-Rock
02-21-2004, 06:31 AM
Best player I have ever played with is..................MYSELF!!! Yes I play with myself sometimes!!

Wait that sounds bad!!

No but seriously, it would have to be every guy on my squad, they are the best. not only do we all click on the field, but off also. We are all members of the team, but also best of friends!!

They are Aaron Morris, Steve Roark, Nathan Smith, and Paul Chinetti.

After them would have to be the rest of the guys on the team also, same reasons, just don't get to spend as much time with them.

Chris Geiger

P.S. I forget our teams Pod Pimp...He is the greatest, always keeps our pods filled and aired up!!

StygShore
02-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Best player I have ever had the pleasure of playing with is Bruce Thomas, aka Ole Man Bruce, aka the General.

Yeah none of you know him. He is a rec ball player at Lone Wolf - Metamora in Michigan. I have known him since 1991 when I started playing paintball. He has a general love of the sport, incredible leadership ability, and a knack for just playing the game well.

He is loved by all the regulars, never has a bad word to say about just about anyone, and will take any newb under his wing and show him how the game is supposed to be played.

He has been shooting a Mag since back in 1995, and just recently switched to N2 and a Xvalve, and it has revitalized his love for the game he has been playing since 1979!!!! In my eyes, Bruce is what this game is all about, not all the flashy guns, e-triggers, and attitudes, just an all around great guy who you can go out and play a day of paintball with.

Styg

TSalPaintball
02-21-2004, 09:24 AM
I have played with the AGD Pride a couple of times at Paintball Sam's, wow that was one fun time. I played speed and woods ball with them. They are some fun guys. I think that they are "good" enough. I also play with a guy named Toby, he is one of the greatest woods ballers out there, he has been around since the start of the sport, one great guy to play with.

TraXeR
02-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by TSalPaintball
I have played with the AGD Pride a couple of times at Paintball Sam's, wow that was one fun time. I played speed and woods ball with them. They are some fun guys. I think that they are good enough.

Lol, 'good enough'. That's just funny.

Anyway, I rarely play, but the best person I've played with would be Strider way back in the day. He's just a great person to talk to and always knew how to help me on the field when I was new.

Methylphenidate
02-21-2004, 02:34 PM
I also play with a guy named Toby, he is one of the greatest woods ballers out there, he has been around since the start of the sport, one great guy to play with.
three cheers for toby

arsonpaintball06
02-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by TSalPaintball
I have played with the AGD Pride a couple of times at Paintball Sam's, wow that was one fun time. I played speed and woods ball with them. They are some fun guys. I think that they are "good" enough. I also play with a guy named Toby, he is one of the greatest woods ballers out there, he has been around since the start of the sport, one great guy to play with.

I'd have 2 agree.........Pride is pretty damn fun 2 watch play.....and play agianst.....only bad thing is u usually get ur butt kicked.....toby has to be one of the best woods ballers.......any pball sams players have 2 know who toby is

Gunga
02-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Best I've played with? Dunno.

Against? There's a couple guys. One is Ryan Williams of Aftershock. He lit me up pretty good a few times. But I got some revenge later...gave him a mouthful of paint. :D

The other bad *** midget (yeah, I called you a midget Manny! :p) I've gone against is AO's own 'RiceRocket', Manny Francia, formerly of Aftershock & Image. See what that bastard did to me?!?! :p

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?postid=770278

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?postid=770284

Oh...and I guess Clare too. Better mention her, lest she kicks my butt. ;) :D

minimag187
02-21-2004, 03:45 PM
The guys of Total Eclipse are the best ive played with..

Kevmaster
02-21-2004, 03:46 PM
played with a couple guys from Trauma before they were PSP

played with a couple Force of Nature guys before they were NPPL (and before their team went bankrupt)

AutomagRT1483
02-21-2004, 04:17 PM
With - AGD Pride, automagfreek
Against - AGD Pride, automagfreek

Richter
02-21-2004, 04:23 PM
against: Ollie Lang;

In the 2000 world cup our first game was against the sc ironmen. I put ollie down in a lay down hyperball tube. He snap shot me, i put him back in. I being a backplayer i laid the paint on his bunker but he some how snapshot me out. I was amazed. In 2001 chicago open he snapshot my front man out and he was posted on him. My frontman was amazed/stunned that he just snap shot him out.

Curly
02-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Richter
against: Ollie Lang;

Same here... Or maybe Angel or some of the other Dynasty guys...

Big_Chops
02-21-2004, 06:55 PM
agd pride. and yes toby is one of the best woods ballers. toby and teddy cornered me:D my last game of woodsball ever.

SlipknotX556
02-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Iv played against Strange, a player from aftershock.

elpimpo
02-21-2004, 08:44 PM
id say joel kurtz. nobody has ever heard of him but he has shot lasoya a lot and he went up and raped avalanche.

OysterBoy
02-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Noone knows him (probly), but Jordan Macaluay , from Insomnia (Canadian team, in Nova Scotia).

-=Squid=-
02-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Rocky Cagnoni.

He = shot me. :(

(memphis indoor)

I wouldnt be surprised if Ive played better players, but crap, I dont know these peoples names... :p

skife
02-21-2004, 10:15 PM
against and with

Rick From TCP Extreme out of Grand Rapids michigan

member#10,261
02-21-2004, 10:34 PM
I have played with the man Schauppner himself!

elpimpo
02-21-2004, 11:26 PM
joe philips and marshall steves. two best am front players around

Methylphenidate
02-22-2004, 01:18 AM
although yes ill admit it the guys from pride are good.
and toby can school just about anyone in woodsball.
the best people i have played against are criss tuttle(sobs, obr, and i beleive the agd lions), and rob lessner(played for bad company)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-22-2004, 02:57 AM
team aftershock - they are the only profesionnal team i played againt

MrMag
02-22-2004, 04:56 AM
either being 2vs1 with duffy and jason from kappalanche vs me(kinda counts as one). or most of dynasty...........angel is def one of their best.........hes wayyyyyy too underrated.

nerobro
02-22-2004, 06:36 AM
Eric Haney of Team Damage Inc. He.... Is unnerving. He crawls speedball fields. He shoots very little, and when he shoots. Well he hits what he's shooting at.

He's the only player I have to conciously change my playing style around. Dynamic moves around him are a ticket to being shot. One glance, and you're eliminated.

I'm glad he's on my team.

sneakyhacker420
02-22-2004, 03:01 PM
AGD Pride, Lions, & Kids... and Team Motive

WARPED1
02-22-2004, 03:22 PM
I played with the Jax Warriors B squad for awhile.
Huffy practiced with us at times(Chris Huffnagle).

tony3
02-22-2004, 03:32 PM
I have played against aftershock and texas storm. I have also played with a few guys from wone.

Lohman446
02-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Randy Woodland of Colors in Fremont for me. Just an awesome player, as are his kids.

angelbeast24
02-22-2004, 06:01 PM
played with the man himself nicky cuba at pbx a few weeks back

Bolter
02-22-2004, 06:39 PM
played the 2000 Avalaunche team. Quick game. As an Nov player at the time, I was so suprised by the way they/you (yes Americans) swarmed the field, diving here, diving there, and the volume of paint that was taken, just shook me up.
Watching them that tournament was jaw dropping stuff. Europe was one giant welt :D

sneakyhacker420
02-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Bolter
played the 2000 Avalaunche team. Quick game. As an Nov player at the time, I was so suprised by the way they/you (yes Americans) swarmed the field, diving here, diving there, and the volume of paint that was taken, just shook me up.
Watching them that tournament was jaw dropping stuff. Europe was one giant welt :D the American Revolution of paintball i suppose ;)

Bolter
02-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Europes catching up my friend, don't you worry yourself about that ;)

bratch
02-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Played aganst some of the Texas Storm guys; with and against 4 or 5 of the BE All Stars and probably a few more.

bedspread
02-23-2004, 02:09 PM
the best i have played aganist would be chris holcomb of team last call.
and brad of team animosity
http://www.teamanimosity.com/players.html (team animosity pics)

taylor492
02-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Played against Pepe Escutia formerly of Bob Long's Ironmen....

on a side note, at the field i used to play on there was this guy, cory, who used to come every once in a while, and he played with and old,OLD tippmann sl 68 pump. he would pick up the paint that everone dropped while packin pods... so essentially he payed bout 10-15 for a whole day. Anyways cory could work anyone, and i mean anyone. ive seen him gog so many people(myself included) didnt matter what gun, how long youve been playing. Anyways, one day pepe comes to the field with a buddy of his(who was pretty frickin good too) We're out there playin, and we decide(i was reffing) to put pepe his friend and 4 or 5 guys together against cory and 4 or 5 guys. well to make a long story short cory shoots out a couple guys and then bunkers pepe and his friend. now i know things are diff with just friendly rec ball, and his team wasnt there but still it was pretty amazing...

true story

edit: pepe plays with avalanche now

Ultimator
02-23-2004, 06:38 PM
I've played with and against a few of the guys from strange.

punkerx1
02-23-2004, 06:56 PM
rich telford...he bunkered me:D

dyst0pia
02-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Gunga...that pic looks suprisingly like it is of the front door at proving grounds. Especially since manny's jersey from aftershock is hanging up on the wall.

Nice. That is my local field, only about 10 minutes away.

Manny would have to be the best player I have played with/against.

His mag was having trouble one day at the field, so he asked my friend for his gun. Definitely was a Icon-E...manny definitely destroyed the entire other team. It was insane to watch him. Especially since he was shooting this Icon-E...man...

bedspread
02-24-2004, 12:55 AM
when i play against team animosity or the violators (local teams)i always try and watch them guys cause u never know what new thing u can pick up.

now just because these are local teams the guys in animoisty were at the world cup in Fla.i may not like the buisness tactics of Jay (he is the owner of the Pb shop i hate)the can play the hell outa some ball,and Brad has big game.

now i have played speed/rec ball with them guys and even set in on there team pactice(acted as a target more or less) for more than a year now and i know im a way better player for it ,you get me on the field with my trusted tippman i can hold my own .i think now i'm gonna step into scenario ball i hear that is kinda cool that and big games.

nastymag
02-24-2004, 02:21 AM
some of the Dynasty guys.

Kapp factory ( former)

and some other dudes.

bedspread
02-24-2004, 03:43 AM
dynasty is badass i bet you got your arse handed to u

cgrieves
02-24-2004, 08:24 AM
With- John Sosta or John Bonich
Against- Marcus Davis (Predators)

Gunga
02-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by dyst0pia
Gunga...that pic looks suprisingly like it is of the front door at proving grounds. Especially since manny's jersey from aftershock is hanging up on the wall.

Nice. That is my local field, only about 10 minutes away.

That's because it was taken at Proving Grounds. :p

There was an AO meet at his field last April. Pics & stuff are here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=79637&highlight=indy) .

Zumina
02-24-2004, 02:04 PM
I played with Oh Pawlawk a few years ago. That guy is just an all-around good man. He even gave me a flanel to wear.

bunkerhugger
02-24-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by taylor492
Played against Pepe Escutia formerly of Bob Long's Ironmen....

Heh - I didn't know Pepe had gone pro until I got my last issue of PGI. I remember when he was first learning to play. He'd come out with the Banditos in his old vw bug and scrimmage with us. I picked him up a couple of times because he had car trouble... Now the kid has gone and gone pro. Too fun.