PDA

View Full Version : Power tube:spacer or spring?

boggerman
09-20-2001, 01:12 PM
Can someone tell me what the advantages/disadvantages are of both the spring and the spacer for the power tube? I had a bolt stick problem the last time I played and was just going to put in a longer spacer, but I also have the original spring(bought the mag used, the spring was in the spare parts kit)and I was wondering if it would be better or worse to put the spring back in. Also, has anyone else had a problem with macroline? I had a line blow out after only two matches(about an hour). Thanks in advance for any input.

EnW
09-20-2001, 03:31 PM
I think that the spacers are for putting extra tension on the spring after it has been used and compressed over time.
I don't think there would be any advantages...but more than likely there will be a disadvantage!?
If you are running co2 with the macroline keep it out of the sun because as the co2 in the line expands it has to have somewhere to go and it will find the easiest way out....through the hose!

a_malfunction
09-20-2001, 04:18 PM
AIR valves used to have the spring in them... but now they use the spacers. You shouldnt have them both in at the same time... I dont think it would even fit. And yes, bolt stick is cured by putting a longer spacer in.