PDA

View Full Version : About the ULT+classic

trains are bad
02-21-2004, 11:01 AM
This (classic) valve has always and will always be a double o-ring valve and will accept the ULT, but it is not recommended for use in the this valve. It does not recharge fast enough and thus it is too easy to short stroke.

Hmm. Bummer.

Also I have read about people doing drilling mods to classic mags. I was wondering what that was.

Joni
02-21-2004, 11:10 AM
They were probably talking about classic RT's. They need to be drilled to accept the ULT.

trains are bad
02-21-2004, 11:12 AM
I don't think so. It was a mod that was supposed to help the recharge or efficiency or something to the classic valve. They might have been FOS too.

RRfireblade
02-21-2004, 11:44 AM
WAY back on the day,some people would drill air passages in the reg half to help any potential alignment probs between the back and front half of the valve bodies.It became to be known as the "8 hole mod".It was only helpfull in a small amount of cases where the valve halves didn't perfectly line up.That has long since been corrected and has no purpose anymore.

You can't do anything to help the ULT/Classic combination but it's not beyond use.Quite a few people are running the combo with good results.It just requires a real accurate and complete trigger pull.

trains are bad
02-21-2004, 09:53 PM
The 8 hole mod, that's it. Thanks.